Is jh13 worth upgrade from um3x?
Aug 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the JH5? My wife is laughing at me, since I had said "no more new phones" after the UM3X.

congrats on the $12k! sounds like a great story! i never won over $2-3k total on poker ever. anyhow i have been following the jh5 threads quite closely, and it seems like everyone needed some kinda refit for it. but seems like its unanimously an upgrade over the um3x (and es2).

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by supern0va /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats on the $12k! sounds like a great story! i never won over $2-3k total on poker ever. anyhow i have been following the jh5 threads quite closely, and it seems like everyone needed some kinda refit for it. but seems like its unanimously an upgrade over the um3x (and es2).

Sorry, but can you provide the links (yes, plural) to those posts that state 'unanimously' the JH5 is an upgrade on the UM3X? I've read the last few pages and haven't seen that - perhaps I've missed something? As for the ES2 I've never heard it myself but I bet the UM3X is just as good if not, very likely, better sounding even than the ES2.

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #19 of 31
Ok. Again I ask people who own both um3x and jh13 for more comparison, I know you are there for example quasp, hpa and sure many other members.
I finded um3x with shure olives to be perfect. It is just wonderful experience always wow factor with almost everything what I listen and it is right, tonality even almost like you are in podium, we all know um3x is great iem but how much better is jh13?

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #20 of 31
If you find it to be perfect and a wonderful experience, I caution you to use common sense. The JH13Pro is a great phone, but so is the UM3X. They are both top of their respective niches in the Audio world. Would it be a waste of 1099$. No, but if you are happy, then yes. And, you never need a new earphone, it is just a want.

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #21 of 31
You have right of course due to this fact i will never selling my um3x probably. But most of you guys describe jh13 as competitor even for the best full size headphone out there and um3x not. So according to this fact there have to be a huge improvement in sound over um3x, isn't it? I still prefer my ad2000 over um3x by a large margin but when I listen um3x it is very addicting sound and can listen it hours.

Sep 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #22 of 31
Not sure, you are in europe , right?
So you are buying with euros?
If so 1099 usd is about 725.00 euro so it is much cheaper for you than for us poor Americans :)

If the dollar recovers anytime soon you might kick yourself for passing up such a "bargain"

disclaimer: I love spending other people's money so take my advice with a grain of salt :)

BTW, if you want the best exchange rate do a bank wire transfer to JH for the iem's. That way you will get the bank rate (lowest rate)

PayPal will screw you on the exchange rate.

Sep 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #24 of 31
I think the JH13 are much much superior to the UM3X, which I owned for only a month (i sold it to pay for the 13's). I think there is a vast difference between universal and customs. JH13 vs. UM3X: Much larger soundstage, better imaging, more detail, more extended and well defined lows, more extended and more prominent highs. As for mids, I'd say they are both very good.

Sep 19, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 31
The JH's are in California, right?

So fly to Cali, have the impressions done by JH, stay there until all re fits are done. Get a prescription online in Cali for medical marijuana, score some great legal pot, drink massive quantities of Cali wine, scam on some hot Cali girls
surf some waves and go home happy.

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So fly to Cali, have the impressions done by JH, stay there until all re fits are done. Get a prescription online in Cali for medical marijuana, score some great legal pot, drink massive quantities of Cali wine, scam on some hot Cali girls

They are in Florida

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 31
The answer to the original question; " Is it worth it to upgrade to the JH-13 Pro,from the Westone UM3X?" In a word; is.....yes.

I have the Westone 3's and they are very good. I probably would like the UM3X a little better than the 3's from what I have read, though they are really very close depending on your Sound Signature Preference. However, I like you, still felt I wanted more. Once I heard the JH-13, I knew what I was missing.

If you can afford them, and feel you want the best, they are very well worth it.
They beat the W3's in every way. It all depends on your ear and what you want to live with. If you are happy with the sound you have, there is no need.

But if you still are thinking in the back of your mind that you want something better, you have come to the right place.
Unlike some more unforgiving IEM's, 'phones, DAPs, Amps, etc, they seem to actually make everything sound better, and bring out the full potential in all the rest of your equipment.
If you do upgrade your sources, they will upgrade right along with you.
You are starting with the top end and you can use the 13's as a reference to tailor your preferred sound. You won't have to question your speakers and you can then tweak your sources. Some do it the other way around but you will never know how good your source is, if your speakers can't reproduce the sound faithfully.

You just want to ask yourself how important is is to you.

I myself was quite skeptical, but the JH-13 Pro are very, very, very good.

Good luck and happy listening.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

JH Audio is outside of Orlando. They moved there from CA when Jerry left UE. Also, CA has been pretty good about only giving prescriptions for "medical" weed to residents.
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH Audio is outside of Orlando. They moved there from CA when Jerry left UE. Also, CA has been pretty good about only giving prescriptions for "medical" weed to residents.
wink.gif

There are plenty of pot docs that will prescribe for feeling blue
wink.gif

/me steers this thread completely OT

If your happy with the UM's forget the hype. Buy a nice full body massage for a few months
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by supern0va /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The JH5 demo sounds nowhere near as refined as the UM3X IMO.

OP: You could consider UM3X customs. That gets you most of the way to the ES3X which is in the league with the JH13s for MUCH cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back