Is It Wrong To Love The JVC HA-RX 300 Full Size $16.00 Headphones?
Jul 26, 2009 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
So what's the deal? There are all these really bad cheep headphones out there. The cost to performance ratio is all over the road. I know these are plastic, remember the type Revell model cars were made from. The build quality screams toy, but the sound with an I-pod is sexy-cool. So maybe at $16.00 USD you need to get two pairs, just in case? But is it really bad to love these sweetharts? Let's here it!
DSCF0005.jpg

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 12
Whatever makes you happy and as long as you enjoy your music that's fine. Cost is a different issue.

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #5 of 12
Zoolander FTW

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever makes you happy and as long as you enjoy your music that's fine.

i wonder why that kind of sentiment isn't shared when it comes to Bose! I bought a pair of Philips headphones, and i think they're wonderful sounding things, better than the inequivalent Sennheiser and Goldring headphones.

rosgr63 is right, it's about the individual enjoying the sound. You can have a 1000 people who like a pair of headphones, and 10 who don't, or the other way around when it comes to Bose, but it's your money, your ears and your enjoyment.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #7 of 12
Because audio buff people feel that so many non audio buff people think Bose is the best.

Because a lot of Bose looks cool but is made with paper.

Because people feel Bose is using marketing and fancy stores with sales people to rip the consumer off.

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 12
I love my HA-RX300s, they are easily the best sub-50 headphones i have ever bought. I bought them while on a trip to Maine (family there) and i often find myself picking these up instead of  my more expensive headphones, there my favorite throw-around pair. They sound very nice to my ears, and make me quite the happy listener. ^^

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #10 of 12
I bought some HA-RX500s at a local grocery store (go figure) just as a throwaround can, but their SQ surprised me. I can only guess that the 300s are almost as good.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #11 of 12
so i was thinking of getting some sub 30-40 dollar headphones just to have that i can throw around and use. i know the HA-RX 700 gets lots and lots of praise in this price range. but just how much better are those than the 300's? i actually think the 300's look better and possibly maybe smaller than the 700's? i'm sure they don't sound better than the 700's but thats to be expected. still these are only 14 dollars on amazon right now. i'm actually debating going for these instead of the 700's. is that crazy? granted i guess i could always grab the 700's now then even eventually pick up some 300's later or vice versa since they're both just budget headphones anyways.

May 15, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #12 of 12
Hi !
i took two pairs now of these HPs on ebay.com. 
I have a good friend who says that their sound is much better when used with a decent amp.
Even good usb headphone amps should be ok because they are very sensitive.  
I wonder if anyone has had the opportunity to listen them with a decent amp
A hidden gem ? a giant-killer ?
I am thinking to place some adhesive weights on the plastic ear-cups of the type of those lead tapes used with tennis raquets

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/MNrDnmFt9Gw/maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks a lot,  gino

Users who are viewing this thread

Back