Is it wrong for students to..
Jun 9, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #61 of 157
People who excessively beat their own chest get on my nerves...but it doesn't really bother me when someone does it online, for all I know he could be an elementary school drop out on a week long bender...

Jun 9, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #62 of 157
I kick the most ass! I am the winner! I am better than anyone else! Go me! I am so smart!

Look at people that say crap like that. How many friends do they have that really like them? Not fake friends, but real friends that actually care for them? Not very many, and the reason is because NOBODY can stand to be around someone like that and listen to that kind of BS on a regular basis. Something I learned at an early age is that nobody likes an overachiever that boasts about what they are doing and thinks they are better than everyone else. You alienate yourself with an atitude like that...

Jun 9, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #63 of 157
I say do what you want, man. The thing about high school is, yeah, some people might say something behind your back, but no one's gonna be a total prick in front of everyone about it. That was cool back in middle school, but not so much now. Personally, I'm a ripped jeans guy, I just like the way it looks, but I dont drop $120 on Ezra Fitch whatever jeans. Hell, I really dont spend more than $30 on a pair of jeans, but thats besides the point. There was this dude a grade behind me who wore jean shorts and a white crew shirt everyday. Yeah, it did kind of look scrubby, but he was a cool cat, so no one cared.

My point is, do what you want to do and screw what everyone else says about it. Your opinion should always matter more to you and you should never go through life feeling like you should adhere to anyone elses's standards but your own. Dress to impress yourself, not others.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #64 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
I always dressed very simple, with the occasional Tool t-shirt in between. I had a lot of friends. If you want real friends, you'll just have to be yourself. School was great for me.

Good point, all the kids who are friends because they dress the same aern't really friends.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #65 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
I kick the most ass! I am the winner! I am better than anyone else! Go me! I am so smart!

Look at people that say crap like that. How many friends do they have that really like them? Not fake friends, but real friends that actually care for them? Not very many, and the reason is because NOBODY can stand to be around someone like that and listen to that kind of BS on a regular basis. Something I learned at an early age is that nobody likes an overachiever that boasts about what they are doing and thinks they are better than everyone else. You alienate yourself with an atitude like that...

Later in life when people become adults that seems to drift away. You can have real conversasion, and deal with life issues. As for overboasts, bleh, I am not about to stop until I meet somebody like me
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #66 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Good point, all the kids who are friends because they dress the same aern't really friends.

Who says they're friends because they like the same style of clothes? You shouldn't make generalizations about things you don't understand. Yes, people who hang out together might dress similarly but does that mean that's all they share in common? No! I'm friends with a lot of people who like me, usually wear boardshorts and slippers, do I hang out with the because they wear boardshorts and slippers? We hang out because we like the same kind things and do similar stuff, we just wear boardshorts and slippers because they're comfortable and we go to the beach a lot. Does what kind of clothes shape what kind of person you are, not in my opinion. If guys want to wear jeans from Abercrombie and Fitch, who cares, it's not like they look like **** or anything, it's better than wearing dress clothes to school to differentiate yourself from everybody because you think you're above them.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #67 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Who says they're friends because they like the same style of clothes? You shouldn't make generalizations about things you don't understand. Yes, people who hang out together might dress similarly but does that mean that's all they share in common? No! I'm friends with a lot of people who like me, usually wear boardshorts and slippers, do I hang out with the because they wear boardshorts and slippers? We hang out because we like the same kind things and do similar stuff, we just wear boardshorts and slippers because they're comfortable and we go to the beach a lot. Does what kind of clothes shape what kind of person you are, not in my opinion. If guys want to wear jeans from Abercrombie and Fitch, who cares, it's not like they look like **** or anything, it's better than wearing dress clothes to school to differentiate yourself from everybody because you think you're above them.

I make that generalization because if you don't wear abercrombie or american eagle, your not allowed into the group. Heh, I'm thinking more of the girls though I supose. And I hate Abercrombie and American Eagle, but that's another thread alone. Heh, I actually get told that I should buy American Eagle clothing and that my clothing is not cool enough or up to the level of the kids around me.

Oh, and becuase the girls talk about clothing a damn lot, or atleast when I walk in in the morning they are all showing off their new t-shirts or outfits to eachother.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #68 of 157
Jagwire, stop being such a rebel. Trust me, if you keep generalizing like this you will never make any good friends. You talk about people being superficial yet you are being even more superficial (and naive) at the same time by assuming this and that is true when it most likely is not. People most definitely do not make friends based on clothes, it just might look like that from your point of view. Yes, of course there will always be that kid that does, but so what. Friendships that are superficial end quick. Obviously there are other things going for the people you describe

Junior high school is a joke, so enjoy it while you still can. Get along, make friends, be happy. I was kind of like you in the past, then I realized what an idiot I had been all along and changed my annoying ways.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #69 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
Jagwire, stop being such a rebel. Trust me, if you keep generalizing like this you will never make any good friends. You talk about people being superficial yet you are being even more superficial (and naive) at the same time by assuming this and that is true when it most likely is not. People most definitely do not make friends based on clothes, it just might look like that from your point of view. Yes, of course there will always be that kid that does, but so what. Friendships that are superficial end quick. Obviously there are other things going for the people you describe

Junior high school is a joke, so enjoy it while you still can. Get along, make friends, be happy. I was kind of like you in the past, then I realized what an idiot I had been all along and changed my annoying ways.

Not really worth arguing, I live in a preppy area, you guys might not understand what it's like to be surrounded by these drones. Either way, I will never make friends at my age with people who think drinking alcohol is cool. I'm not a rebel, i'm the normal kid who isn't messed up with thinking drugs are cool, they are the rebels.

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #70 of 157
Quote:

Not really worth arguing, I live in a preppy area, you guys might not understand what it's like to be surrounded by these drones. Either way, I will never make friends at my age with people who think drinking alcohol is cool. I'm not a rebel, i'm the normal kid who isn't messed up with thinking drugs are cool, they are the rebels.

I go to a school that costs $15,000 a year, I think I can say I'm surrounded by preppy people too. So I do understand what they're like and they aren't tha anti-christ, trust me.

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #71 of 157
Quote:

I go to a school that costs $15,000 a year, I think I can say I'm surrounded by preppy people too. So I do understand what they're like and they aren't tha anti-christ, trust me.

Heh, so you and I might have something in similar
biggrin.gif
. The really big problem here is that the Jewish parents really don't seem to care about the value of the dollar, and buy their children everything (heh, I'm spoiled, but I don't get everything I want, it's not like I just ask for something like most kids I know.)

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #72 of 157
Quote:

Wait a minute, I just realized something, don't you go to public school?

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #73 of 157
Quote:

Wait a minute, I just realized something, don't you go to public school?

Yeah, that's the really amusing part.

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #74 of 157
Wait. Jewish parents? What What WHAT?!?
tongue.gif
I go to a public (high) school too, and my IB classes are filled to the brim with preppies. They can get annoying (and I dress almost like one, if not act/spend money like one), but they aren't anything to get riled up about, and they're not all Jews. To be honest, I don't care what clothing anyone wears, as long as it's not offensive.

I don't know what the Canadian educational system is like, but I have a feeling you're going to get a crapload next year. Just saying, high school is that step up...

EDIT: Congratulations on Headphoneus Supremus! Probably the fastest ever to reach that mark, and the least headphone-fanatical, too. A month earlier than you, and with only 148...maybe I should practice on lightning posts at IGN forums, no?

Jun 9, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #75 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff
Wait. Jewish parents? What What WHAT?!?
tongue.gif
I go to a public (high) school too, and my IB classes are filled to the brim with preppies. They can get annoying (and I dress almost like one, if not act/spend money like one), but they aren't anything to get riled up about, and they're not all Jews. To be honest, I don't care what clothing anyone wears, as long as it's not offensive.

I don't know what the Canadian educational system is like, but I have a feeling you're going to get a crapload next year. Just saying, high school is that step up...

EDIT: Congratulations on Headphoneus Supremus! Probably the fastest ever to reach that mark, and the least headphone-fanatical, too. A month earlier than you, and with only 148...maybe I should practice on lightning posts at IGN forums, no?

LOL.. As for the Jewish thing, it's just that I live in an Jewish area. I don't like the preppy thing because it's as if you don't have certain things you don't fit in. I.E. you need a razer, iPod video or nano, abercrombie / american eagle / etc clothing...

Oh, and thanks on supremus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back