Is it worth upgrading my DAC beyond FiiO E7
Apr 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pallentx

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using a FiiO E7 as a DAC only with the line out from the bottom port going to a Little Dot I+.

I'm pretty happy with the sound at this point, but I occasionally get jitter from the E7. Its like the stream of data cant keep up with the converter and has a glitch or something. It doesn't happen much, but enough to make me think about wanting to eliminate it. Will a higher quality DAC alleviate this? If a better DAC would help, what would you recommend. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want to replace this with something cheap if its not going to buy me some reasonable improvement. Any suggestions? It needs to be recognized as a generic audio device by my computer like the E7.

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I'm currently using a FiiO E7 as a DAC only with the line out from the bottom port going to a Little Dot I+.

I'm pretty happy with the sound at this point, but I occasionally get jitter from the E7. Its like the stream of data cant keep up with the converter and has a glitch or something. It doesn't happen much, but enough to make me think about wanting to eliminate it. Will a higher quality DAC alleviate this? If a better DAC would help, what would you recommend. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want to replace this with something cheap if its not going to buy me some reasonable improvement. Any suggestions? It need to be recognized as a generic audio device by my computer like the E7.

I am using a Scarlett 2i2, and I love it, even though I am going to invest in an E5 for my headphones, cause the headphone out is just normal output, no higher... Imo actually some what low...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back