Is it worth doing?
Sep 18, 2015 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

voxie

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, hope you can offer me some advice.... Am thinking of purchasing a new portable DAP. My existing Fiio x3 is currently been used as an external dac via my laptop. My current on the go hardware is a HTC m9 hooked up to a FIIO Killmanjaro 2, using Qobuz Sublime account for listening to my music. Due to my work i have an unlimited data plan so i don't have to worry about clocking up bills when streaming on the go.

My question... I have a chance to purchase the FIIO X5II for  €350 with a 68 GB SD card. I do not mind carrying two devices. Will i notice a marked difference in SQ? or wait till the x7 is released. Confused!! 

Sep 18, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 4
If you really don't mind carrying multiple devices, then that's already step one crossed out for you. I believe the next step is to audition the x5II first before spending a single cent. Then let your ears decide if the improvement (if there are any to your ears) is worth the money and trouble of carrying multiple devices.

A huge factor are the quality of files that you have - If i'm not mistaken, streaming music can go 320, no flac there. But do you also have a huge flac collection? (to load to your dap). Don't forget cans and iems that you use will also have to be considered.

I hope these would help you decide. :)

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi Karloil, thank you for your quick reply and help. Plan to audition the x511's in the morning. Qobuz music is a Hi-Rez streaming service offering 16 / 44.1 khz, should check it out
smily_headphones1.gif
. Shall be fun comparing the two set up's. Currently using the Trinity Audio Delta iems when on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back