Is it worth buying accidental damage protection/warranty on headphones and earphones?
Jul 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

halehaler

100+ Head-Fier
I've broken my last 6 pairs, usually while weightlifting at the gym or while cycling.

I've broken 2 pairs of headphones, including my Creative Aurvana Lives, while at the bar (barbell hit audio jack= broken jack).

Yesterday I was cycling to my friends with my Soundmagic e10s, I dismounted my bike, earphones flopped down into spokes --> cable snapped in half. 

I'm a fairly poor student and this is getting ridiculous, I now try to be careful but when you take stuff outside, there's always a chance of them getting broken.

I live in the UK, does anybody here know of any decent accidental damage plans that aren't scams and will simply repair/replace your earphones/headphones on a fairly no quibbles basis?

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 2
I think the first step should be buying durable headphones lol.

http://www.squaretrade.co.uk/

Squaretrade is known as one of the best warranty plans in america. I'm not sure about the UK though.
If you break it, they'll pay you back for the cost of the headphones if they can't fix it. Remember that you don't get the cost of the plan back so you'll still lose some money.

It seems like it's always the cables screwing you over. If that's the case then I really recommend headphones/earphones with replaceable cables. Much cheaper than replacing the headphones, and much more convenient than trying to claim a warranty/insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back