Is it worth an extra $30 dollars for the Grado SR-80?
Oct 18, 2002 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
I'm constantly hearing how great the SR-60 is for the price but my question is: is the SR-80 worth the extra $30? Will the diffrences be "profoundly" portrayed with a Airhead and a crappy Coby PCDP? (That price diffrence comes from Headroom if there a bette price I'd REALLY like to know.)

I'd really like comments from peole who have owned both at the same time.

Oct 18, 2002 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by x1lexure
I'm constantly hearing how great the SR-60 is for the price but my question is: is the SR-80 worth the extra $30? Will the diffrences be "profoundly" portrayed with a Airhead and a crappy Coby PCDP? (That price diffrence comes from Headroom if there a bette price I'd REALLY like to know.)

I'd really like comments from peole who have owned both at the same time.

deal!

i WAS confused about those 2 phones(but for sure i would choose 80 NOW!), i went to the store and had a closer "touch" with SR60 / 80, there's big difference between these two things, SR80's bass goes deeper than 60 and sounds more seductive
biggrin.gif
, it gives me very deep impression though i own a HD600 now...

Oct 18, 2002 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 8
yes it is worth the extra but the REAL bargain is the Alessandro.
For $99 with free shipping you get what is close to the SR-125 but maybe even more accurate.

Oct 18, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #5 of 8
I agree that the Grado SR80 is worth the extra money. I had the SR60 and ended up returning it and buying the SR80. I could tell the difference with just using the headphone out of a Sony pcdp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back