Is it true that all of the Creative lab zens break easily?
Dec 30, 2003 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

puker2

New Head-Fier
???
eek.gif

Dec 30, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 10
break? in what ways?

ive been actively watching the nomad newsgroup...occasionally somebody complains of their player hanging (often fixed by a hard reboot)... but it is just about, or as less often, as problems reported by the apple guys

personally its been flawless for me. in fact, its survived a HARD drop from me and still works perfect

Dec 30, 2003 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 10
What exactly is your source to back this up? Sure, you can find a few threads on this forum of unhappy customers, but that could apply to any of the players out there. I'm sure the Zen line is no better or no worse than any of the other Mp3 hard drive players on the market as far as reliability. The hardest thing to get is an unbiased review on audio players anyway, so like I've said before take most reviews lightly, make a purchase judgement based on what you need, try out the competition if you can, and get an extended warranty to make sure that if something does go wrong, you're covered.

Dec 30, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 10
I had my original zen nomad break (the hard drive froze) when it took a hard "accidental" fall by the hands of my lovely wife. Luckily I had an extended warranty thru best buy and after some fuss they gave me an NX (I dont think I will ever buy anything else again from best buy but thats a diffrent thread). I think I posted this incident on here somewhere if you want to do a search.

Dec 31, 2003 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by skyles
I had my original zen nomad break (the hard drive froze) when it took a hard "accidental" fall by the hands of my lovely wife. Luckily I had an extended warranty thru best buy and after some fuss they gave me an NX (I dont think I will ever buy anything else again from best buy but thats a diffrent thread). I think I posted this incident on here somewhere if you want to do a search.

I also had som fuss from BB when I returned my defective NJB3 under extended warranty. I did get the Zen Xtra 40gb, which I am quite happy with.

They were especially unhappy because this was my forth HD player. Went through an Archos, 2NJB1's and the NJB3.

I don't see why they complain, the turkeys. They push their warranties big time then when it comes time to honor it, they complain.

But at least they honored it. That extra few bucks for the warranty have paid off big time for me.

Dec 31, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #8 of 10
yeah, the store manager was a real prick. it wasn't until i made a big scene that they finally decided to honor their warranty. its like when you check out at the counter they basically try to shove the extended warranty down your throat but when you use it then they want to weasel their way out of it. i really feel kind of bad because i convinced my cousin to buy a new $2000+ computer from best buy no less than a week before simply because i was raving about their hassle free return policy with the extended warranty.

Dec 31, 2003 at 1:32 AM Post #9 of 10
I have had fantastic experience with a few Creative players including the Muvo, JB2 and Zen 2.0. They seem very durable and have been problem free for me with the exception of a very occassional freeze up which was solved by reseting the unit with a paperclip. Getting an extended warantee is an excellent idea especially with units that have non user replaceable batteries.

What I wonder about is that although the HD units are not reccomended for jogging, how would they hold up under those conditions when securely used with a neoprene sports belt?

Dec 31, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by skyles
...i really feel kind of bad because i convinced my cousin to buy a new $2000+ computer from best buy no less than a week before...

That is scary
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back