Is it really worth upgrading to more expensive headphones?
Apr 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #31 of 32
Most of the upgrading comes from not yet knowing what sound one likes and what one wants to change about the audio system.

For example, playing around with an equalizer showed me that I prefer a bass light sound, so that knocks all the basshead and V-shaped models off my list. I noticed that my some of my best listening sessions in the past year were on systems with tube amps, so I bought one.

If you want to improve your listening experience, try to find out what you enjoy.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #32 of 32
Most of the upgrading comes from not yet knowing what sound one likes and what one wants to change about the audio system.

For example, playing around with an equalizer showed me that I prefer a bass light sound, so that knocks all the basshead and V-shaped models off my list. I noticed that my some of my best listening sessions in the past year were on systems with tube amps, so I bought one.

If you want to improve your listening experience, try to find out what you enjoy.

That is really some good advice- I haven't messed around with the equalizer much so I'll play around with it later. Maybe then I can ask you guys with some more thorough specifications. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back