Is it really this hard to remove the cables??
Feb 12, 2008 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xoen

100+ Head-Fier
I can't seem to get both connectors off my HD650s. I'd hate to break anything in the process. Would I have to pull it straight out with full force? Because it seems the connectors are "locked" in the ear pieces. I just ordered new cables and I thought maybe I'll practice taking the stock cables off, but it seems impossible. Help please?

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 6
Secure the headphones in a padded vice, and pull the cables straight out (no twisting) with a pair of vice grips. It might take some force -- but they will come out.

KIDDING, please don't do that! They should be able to just be pulled out...

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Secure the headphones in a padded vice, and pull the cables straight out (no twisting) with a pair of vice grips. It might take some force -- but they will come out.

KIDDING, please don't do that! They should be able to just be pulled out...

Well, they seem to require full force to take them out. They do come off easy, right? Because I actually did think of using pliers as my last resort. And no, I'm not weak, either. It's just kinda strange that replaceable cables can be this hard to remove.

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 6
Finally got them off!!! It seems those little slot things were holding them down too tightly. Oh well, nothings broke so it's good now! Thanks for the helpful tips guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL... you got me there! I actually thought you were being serious for a few seconds there...
tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back