Is it possible to use 2 Amps from One DAC into The HD 650?
Jan 17, 2015 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

spenny91

New Head-Fier
Hello I recently purchased the HD 650, I also Have the Schiit Modi 2 Uber and the Magni 2 uber. I find there isn't a lot of bass currently (haven't broken in the headphones). Is it possible to use the Fiio e6 into the Magni 2 uber. Reason being that The e6 has a bass equalizer.?

thank you for any help/

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 15
If you dont mind may you please tell some of the best?

Also I have an unopened Sound Blaster Z. If i plug the  the Modi 2 through the sound card via Optical will get I get better sound or is it pointless?

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 15
I see no value in using the Sound Blaster Z - *unless* you want to use any of the surround processing features built into the Z.

Many media players already have a built-in EQ. I use the VLC player on my PC, and it has one:

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 15
  Hello I recently purchased the HD 650, I also Have the Schiit Modi 2 Uber and the Magni 2 uber. I find there isn't a lot of bass currently (haven't broken in the headphones). Is it possible to use the Fiio e6 into the Magni 2 uber. Reason being that The e6 has a bass equalizer.?

thank you for any help/

Why not just use an EQ software?

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 15
  If you dont mind may you please tell some of the best?

Also I have an unopened Sound Blaster Z. If i plug the  the Modi 2 through the sound card via Optical will get I get better sound or is it pointless?

What player are you using?

No, you won't get better sound by using optical over USB or optical from the mobo. You might be able to send the card's surround processing and other features over optical, though. The card would also be powerful enough to drive your headphones to a solid volume too.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 15
I believe the Modi 2 Uber does not support Dts, Im going optical to the modi so i cannot use the modi if I were to use this feature. im currently using fubar, but i also use google play sometimes, which I cannot control the EQ

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 15
absolutely it will work.  How well though depends on a lot of things.  I messed around with my setup like that once, sending the output from my Earmax into my Larocco PPA and into my Grados.  It was a way to get tube even order harmonic distortion and current reserve/headroom for my Grados.  I didn't leave it like that for very long though.

I have also used my darkvoice 337 preamp output to feed the PPA... not a bad sounding setup.  I get the sonic character of Tong Sol tubes feeding the PPA.  So the PPA was used mainly as a current buffer for the low-Z Grados.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 15
I believe the Modi 2 Uber does not support Dts, Im going optical to the modi so i cannot use the modi if I were to use this feature. im currently using fubar, but i also use google play sometimes, which I cannot control the EQ

How are we supposed to answer your questions if you don't give us all the information? Now you say you want DTS and you want to use Google Play. So - what are you really trying to do?

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 15
Sorry Im new to this stuff, When I was using my sound blaster Z The software would not let me enable DTS, not sure why. honestly would dts even make a difference affect the HD650?

Sorry for any ignorance I'm creating I joined this website to learn more. I'm very knowledgable when it comes to tech and computers but im a complete noob with audiophile grade headphones.

What info do you need?

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #11 of 15
How about this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=647518&gclid=Cj0KEQiAreilBRDzrNfb6uqX4fwBEiQAk-MRY-xnoNNFhaLV_ya4M2yPAhWxxk62CCkBBEa2GER6PrMaAuf98P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details

or this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=422063&gclid=Cj0KEQiAreilBRDzrNfb6uqX4fwBEiQAk-MRY-2fc7ZPX3zCv77rM23MoEUmdnHJBtpGVmm_69xTowYaAoOi8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 15
Well, what we need to know is what you are really trying to accomplish. The only reason I can think of for using DTS is if you are feeding a surround sound system. If you are doing that, then you shouldn't be using the Modi. If we understand how you want to use your system, then we can help.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 15
  Sorry Im new to this stuff, When I was using my sound blaster Z The software would not let me enable DTS, not sure why. 

I think it's because Sound Blaster has their own kind of software instead of paying for the license to use DTS technology and to market their stuff for such.

honestly would dts even make a difference affect the HD650?

Only if you have a virtual surround processor that will simulate where each sound can be located in a 2ch playback system despite using a 5ch DTS audio encoding, and even then that's for movies, not music.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
  im currently using fubar, but i also use google play sometimes, which I cannot control the EQ

For foobar you can use Graphic EQ. High quality, easy to use 31-band EQ. I've used it for a while, unfortunately it'll only affect foobar.

Or you can use Equalizer APO. This is a system-wide parametric EQ which ties itself into your sound drivers, so it affects everything that plays on your system including foobar, Google Play, YouTube, etc. It's harder to set up, though, because there's no graphic interface. Go through the FAQ to see how to install and use it, but skip all the stuff about Room EQ Wizard. It comes with a simple bass EQ enabled to start, that might be all you need! Let me know if you need help setting up a different EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back