Is it possible to snag a pair of L3000s online?
Sep 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

spraggih

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello my fellow Head-fiers...

I have not posted much recently-- Summer vacations, getting kids ready for school, work, new toys, ...

Whatever, right? Just get to the point buddy... I know. I know.

Well I saw a thread that reminded me of my interest in the Audio-Technica L3000s.

So I checked the F/S forum and guess what? For every IC: Make me a mega-offer for my L3000s there were 4 posts for WTB your L3000s-- will provide a child if required...

Now I have no problem with a free market and the value of discontinued headphones-- I have owned a pair or two myself
wink.gif

But without going to a meet what are the chances of nailing a pair? Could I hide out at some head-fiers home and beg him/her until they part with the pair?

Could I send a PM every week reminding them that I am quick sale but moderate income individual?

How does one do it? I did it for the CD3000s and then for the W11JPNs but either I am losing my memory or just plain tired of begging.
smily_headphones1.gif

Why is it so difficult?!

Sep 10, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 7
There is usually a pair for sale on Yahoo Japan in the 200k-300k yen range, you can use a third party service to get them to bid for you.

Check if the seller has good feedback though before bidding, else you may get screwed.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is usually a pair for sale on Yahoo Japan in the 200k-300k yen range, you can use a third party service to get them to bid for you.

Check if the seller has good feedback though before bidding, else you may get screwed.

There appears to be one for sale right now on Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 7
how do Yahoo auctions work? Don't I need to be able to read Japanese?

I am sure I can put it through the Google or Babelfish translator but is it really that easy?

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do Yahoo auctions work? Don't I need to be able to read Japanese?

I am sure I can put it through the Google or Babelfish translator but is it really that easy?

Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/a...gh-end-351041/

The first post on that thread should provide you with enough info. Do a search for deputy service on google or this forum, and you should come up with some other choices as well.

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #6 of 7
thanks! checking it out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back