Is it possible to recover??
Nov 26, 2007 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cin__server

Head-Fier
Hello all. i come to you with troubling news. over the past week i paid a visit to a most evil store. their name is Audio Classics. they are located in vestal NY. the purpose of my visit was to sample a denon D1000 and something from Beyerdynamics. i entered the store and inquired with the person working at the front desk where i could find some headphones to test. after some talking to other workers i had in my hand a pair of d1000s and beyer DT860s. he led me to the "high power, two channel room". if you want to see what is in that room please visit the website Audio Classics - Used McIntosh Krell Sunfire Marantz Tannoy Pioneer stereo equipment

and look at the "showroom" the "power room" is the one that has all the McIntosh amps and all the ridiculous speakers (extra points if you can name them) he showed me the setup i would be using. this is the same setup they run the multi thousand speakers from so suffice it to say it was good stuff. i was listening to a McIntosh music server McIntosh

controled by a mcintosh C41 audio controler
Audio Classics - C41
so i went on listening to the music through the headphones. i asked the guy at the store if there was anything not so spectacular that i could listen to. he gave me a look like "why would you listen, if its not the best?" and walked away. needless to say i spent about 2 hours listening my a700s and the denon D1000s. i didnt like the beyers, they clamped too much and at this point i just wanted to enjoy and not compare. now i am back at my computer listening to my A700s through my audigy 2 laptop. and its not the same. i have a terrible memory for sound but i remeber i was moved to tears by the music in the store. i know that may sound sappy but its true. my sound is just so empty compared to the setup in the store.

so now i am thinking of becoming a crack dealer so i can pay for new equipment to get my next fix.

ps joking about the crack dealer

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 3
If you value your wallet, force yourself to forget the experience and don't come back to this place.
tongue.gif
Otherwise, better start saving up your pennies now because the rabbit hole is oh so deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back