Is it possible to overpower the K1000
Jul 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 15
Be careful, cos they do not need that, prefered A class with power output between 10-15 W would be more than enough to feed them right. On the other hand, just do not push the volume and you will be safe. I used my from Pioneer receiver, which have 6x100W, but that was totaly BS, to tell you the true.

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be careful, cos they do not need that, prefered A class with power output between 10-15 W would be more than enough to feed them right. On the other hand, just do not push the volume and you will be safe. I used my from Pioneer receiver, which have 6x100W, but that was totaly BS, to tell you the true.

How about an amp with 200watts per channel @ 8ohm?

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 15
Just buy TrendsAudio TA10.1 and you will get great sound from such budget amp, not sure about 200W, sorry
cool.gif

Trends Audio - Home Page

Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about an amp with 200watts per channel @ 8ohm?

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #10 of 15
Indeed!
It will not take multiple-100 or even 1000 of watts. But be careful with the volume control and both you and your K1000 should be safe.

Jul 11, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #11 of 15
I would say much more power is better than insufficient. There's nothing worse for a driver than a clipping amp. It's surprisingly difficult to blow a speaker in normal use even with a very powerful amp. I've only managed it sporadically over the decades.

Jul 11, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #12 of 15
Easier to destroy a transducer by driving it with high energy clipping than non-clipped high energy input, but either will do the job. Easiest way to do it would be to feed the mains through the coil. Theres a few great subwoofer killing videos where they do that.

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say much more power is better than insufficient. There's nothing worse for a driver than a clipping amp. It's surprisingly difficult to blow a speaker in normal use even with a very powerful amp. I've only managed it sporadically over the decades.

I had one customer who blew some RBH bookshelf speakers within days of the system being installed. Never underestimate the abilities of idiots who think the amp should be run at max volume by default, regardless of how torturously loud it is.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back