Is it possible to become an audiophile?
Sep 30, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the key is to sound extra snobby and pretentious. bonus points if you're rich.

Reflections of an Audiophile.
<snip/>

Reflections of a poseur audiophile.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend, I cannot think of any reason why they won't serve you for a few years. Less is more. I think the initial investment is the most challenging. If you can control the inevitable "audio-nervosia" you'll be fine. Focus on the music for a good while, listen to lots of unfamiliar stuff too. Have fun!

About the investment thing, everyone said I was crazy when I told them I was getting a pair of earphones worth 480 bucks!! (including shipping and impressions)

What's "audio-nervosia" by the way?
eek.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem!! Its nice helping people!!
biggrin.gif

yes, im rather happy today, for a totally secret reason, you will all find out sometime soon!!

-= Matt =-

Because you're getting livewires too? =D (saw a thread you started)
Can't wait to find out how isolating it is, it's one of the biggest reasons I bought it.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #24 of 26
When I started my head-fi journey, I googled a few glossaries of audiophile terms. I started to memorize them, but I found that each glossary didn't always agree with the other. Also, I found that my impressions were sometimes very different than the "acknowledged experts" take on music and gear alike. That's when I stopped memorizing. Nobody knows much more than I do. Bingo, I've got it, everybody's different. If it sounds good to my ears, then it's good for me. Wonderful. So, I guess I've become an audiophile, because I say I am.

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it sounds good to my ears, then it's good for me.

Shhhhhh - you'll let the secret out!

GAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back