Is It Just Me That Likes...
Sep 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SikkNazty

Head-Fier
Honestly is it just me that likes having an mp3 player that requires software? I always see people praising the drag and drop... But I'll admit it, I hate iTunes, but I absolutely LOVE the Zune software. No errors have occured for me since the day I bought the Zune HD. It's been nearly a year now. I just like it because I find it easier to organize all my stuff on a computer first, instead of doing it all on the device or through files. To me, the programs honestly keep it organized better. 

That's my 2 cents, anyone else agree?

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm not fond of the required software. I've had Zune and iTunes both (and preferred iTunes), but I prep my  files even before they enter any software's library, with EAC, MP3Tag, and foobar2000. i don't want the required software programs to do anything to my files.....I do all my prep work on them, and then set them to read-only status.

At least with iTunes, there are a few alternatives that can work....Mediamonkey, J.River, foobar, etc. There's no choice but Zune if you have one of them.

All my current devices allow drag and drop, except for the one coming in the mail, an iPod Classic 7G, which thankfully will work with Mediamonkey Gold. I have a lifetime license for it, and I prefer it to iTunes for managing a device. The only reason I've still kept iTunes on my PC since I traded away my Touch is for the podcasts that are iTunes-exclusive...it will never be active when the Classic is plugged in. 

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 5
I've grown to like iTunes.

I have around 58Gbs of music on my Touch and adding or deleting tracks, making a new Genius playlist etc. is quick and simple with iTunes. It's easy, too, to add my current favourites to my Shuffle.

For my Sony I use drag & drop, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back