Is it just me? Super.Fi 5 Pro's and amp/iPod
Dec 12, 2007 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

J.D.N

500+ Head-Fier
Since i first got my Super.Fi 5 Pro's i have only used them directly out of my iPod while on the move. They sound fantastic, they really do, as the reviews on this sight will highlight, but.... (There's always a but!)

I have a cheap pair of Senn eH350's from ages ago when i was naive and whilst im a student and very skint, they have to do until next year. So i picked up a B-Tech headamp [please don't hit me, please don't hit me!!] because it was cheap, and im skint, and im saving to build a decent one.

Anyway, to the point. Even this amp seems to make a (big) difference to the sound. Bass seems more defined and 'controlled' and the music seems somewhat more detailed. I guess the easiest way to put it, is there is a change in the audio reproduction and i like it. The only thing is, this is while im at home.

I guess im wondering if there are any 'one the move' or 'at home' influences that could be having an impact. Like background noise etc even though there is great isolation. I wondering if an amp on the move would have the same marked effect.

I realise this is all subjective but i am interested in peoples at home/on the move experiences and thoughts. They don't really have to be with the SF5's, thats just what im using, but i guess keeping it to IEM's would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back