Is it just me....? Super.fi 5 Pro question
Aug 19, 2006 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

frankythekid

New Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of the UE Super.fi 5 Pro, and I love the way the sound, but I keep having this small problem; one of me ears seem to have more suction power than the other, the left ear. This problem causes for me to hear better highs on my right ear instead of a balanced sound. I'm currently using the small silicon flange on both monitors and also tried changing the way wear them by using the alternate method you guys posted. The last option causes my ears to hurt a little, but the sound pretty much the sound stays the same.

If anyone has had a problem like mine before, I would gladly appreciate any response, I don't want to give 'em back.

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankythekid
I just bought a pair of the UE Super.fi 5 Pro, and I love the way the sound, but I keep having this small problem; one of me ears seem to have more suction power than the other, the left ear. This problem causes for me to hear better highs on my right ear instead of a balanced sound. I'm currently using the small silicon flange on both monitors and also tried changing the way wear them by using the alternate method you guys posted. The last option causes my ears to hurt a little, but the sound pretty much the sound stays the same.

If anyone has had a problem like mine before, I would gladly appreciate any response, I don't want to give 'em back.

Try this: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=191204:blink:

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Wow, I thought I was the only one with that problem. I had problem sealing the right ear and even tried using different sized (bigger) flange for my right ear before settling for the foam.

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 8
it's been my impression the sf5pro does not seal like the ety for example. rather, it sits in the ear canal opening more like an earbud, blocking the opening but no making an airtight seal.

Aug 19, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks guys for the info....

I have already tried this mod usage for my Super.fi, but what happens is that they go in a little deeper than the original way of usage and it hurts a little bit, and i feel discomfort inside my ear canal. Anyways the sound stays pretty much the same.
What I'm doing right now is, that i set them up the traditional way, but i pull the left monitor out just a little bit, there a get a great balance sound, but ä few seconds later I feel my ear just sucking it in causing then the "mutted" Sound again.

Aug 19, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Thanks guys for the info....

I have already tried this mod usage for my Super.fi, but what happens is that they go in a little deeper than the original way of usage and it hurts a little bit, and i feel discomfort inside my ear canal. Anyways the sound stays pretty much the same.
What I'm doing right now is, that i set them up the traditional way, but i pull the left monitor out just a little bit, there a get a great balance sound, but ä few seconds later I feel my ear just sucking it in causing then the "mutted" Sound again.

Are there foamies available? If so, use them, it should help alot.

Aug 19, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 8
Foamies make the sound go 'bleh' for the majority of us 5 Pro owners iirc.

Try the FS mod; worked wonders for all so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back