Is it just me, or does Morpheus suck now?
Apr 8, 2002 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
A while ago they made me download the "Preview Edition," and it really sucks a lot. Constant pop-up ads and no place to specify searching for audio/video/etc. What's the deal?

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 19
I agree, I don't like the new Morpheus. My main gripes are the ads and seemingly never being able to connect to anybody. I think out of 20 downloads attempted, I've got one. Screw Morpheus, I'm using something else.
mad.gif

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 19
Crack the spyware? You mean use something like Ad-Aware to get rid of it, or somehow stop it through preferences?
confused.gif

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
yeah morpheus sucks now that it's off the p2p network. Solution: get kazaa and crack the spyware.

are they not the same anymore? seems I've dropped the ball here. what about edonkey, how's that lately?

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 19
Apr 8, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #7 of 19
Morpheus IMO has always sucked, crappy ass results, mostly all pos 128kbps ones. But for some reason, my little brother just loves the layout and media center, and is too ignorant to try the wonderful playlist manager known as shuffleplay.

I've since then switched my encoding to mpc (lpac for home use), but direct connect would not work for me, so I can't find any mpcs to download. I do share my mpcs with gnucleus though.

Spyware is like hidden cookies, they peek on your internet activity, and send information back to their servers. Lame ****. Use lava soft ad-aware to get rid of these nasties. Note, kazaa will not work if you remove its spyware with ad-aware, oh and kazaa sucks even more monkey balls than morpheus,
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 19
cough run ad-aware and then get a cracked dll cough

Kazaa rocks. I have found some amazingly rare things on there (mp3s and programs).

Apr 9, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #10 of 19
Is KazaaLite totally free of spyware and ads? Please say yes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #12 of 19
Apr 9, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #13 of 19
There is no reason to use the new morpheus. Download gnucleus in order to get the exact same program, without the ads.

The thing that makes me mad is the gnutella network used to be great, but now all the people from morpheus who don't share or share one freaking mp3 are clogging up the network, making it slow and unreliable.

I would reccoment Limewire or bearshare, but they both have ads. If you can find limewire 1.7d then download it! No ads, good features, my favorite way of finding things. I stay away from bearshare because the guy who made it is a total person, IMO anyway.

Apr 9, 2002 at 4:12 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
I stay away from bearshare because the guy who made it is a total person, IMO anyway.

Dude, fill us in, what did he do?
confused.gif

Apr 9, 2002 at 4:54 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

eric343 said...

Yes!

YES! Thanks, I'm going to use KazaaLite, then. Since all I want to do is sample, 128 kbps mp3s are good enough for my purposes.
Quote:

gloco said...

I have become addicted to DC++ though

I love DC, it fulfills almost all of my anime-sampling needs. Question: Does DC++ get rid of the annoying memory leak in DC? My computer gets noticeably slower after running DC for a day or two.
Quote:

gloco said...

Dude, fill us in, what did he do?
confused.gif

Not that I ever used bearshare before, but now I'm curious, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back