is it earphone nature it acting like this.....?
Apr 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hertzamplifier

Head-Fier
Ok.I have a sony mp4 player.It has a custom equalizer which include "clear bass".Clear bass are use to boost the bass.So its like this,when I listening to music like techno,where the bass are heavy duty
atsmile.gif
,without the "clear bass turned on,the sound are balance.But when I turned up the "clear bass" level to maximum(there are 3 level),the mids starting to shrink.My earphone are SENNHEISER CX550 STYLE II.O
Oh,the listening volume when this happened are at max.

Is it nature of earphone to acting like that (mids starting to shrink if the bass get boost)?

or it is my earphone not powerful enough delivering heavy bass without sacrificing the other frequency?

or other reasons?

I hope you guys understand what i'm trying to says.
redface.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 4
The Clear Bass doesn't boost low frequencies. It drops higher frequencies. Sony is pretty smart about not ruining the audio quality, so they cut rather than boost. This is why your mids and highs go bye bye when you bump up the setting. The system is also dynamic which can be annoying. You can have a bass heavy song and the mids and highs go away during bass lines. Then the bass stops for a while and the mids and highs come back to loud. Bass hits again, and they drop off again.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Clear Bass doesn't boost low frequencies. It drops higher frequencies. Sony is pretty smart about not ruining the audio quality, so they cut rather than boost. This is why your mids and highs go bye bye when you bump up the setting. The system is also dynamic which can be annoying. You can have a bass heavy song and the mids and highs go away during bass lines. Then the bass stops for a while and the mids and highs come back to loud. Bass hits again, and they drop off again.

YES!!Thats exactly how it happen.
So the problem is the "clear bass" feature itself and not the earphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back