Is it better to leave the headphones plugged in or out during non usage?
May 14, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4to15Characters /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But everything people have been saying is about the amps. How will my HEADPHONES fair if they're left plugged into a powered amp 24/7? In this case, I've got a Shiit Magni 2 Uber and Sennheiser HD598.

They'll be fine. Other people leave their speaker amps on, they don't disconnect speakers either.

You probably have more to worry about the lack of a muting relay without a good UPS. Power goes out, amp switches off, zaps the headphone; power comes back in before you get home to flip the switch, amp powers on, zaps the headphone again. Others live in areas with more fluctuations in the electricity also - when I switch on the A/C my voltage regulator goes from 227volts to 167volts, but keeps the PC running.

Past that it's the amp that can be a cause for concern depending on how hot it gets over there. Heat index here during May hit 51deg C last year, and my amp gets as hot as a fresh cup of coffee if left to idle without a fan or A/C running. It's a Class A hybrid but don't always assume that Class A/B means it's totally safe and you don't check at all.

May 22, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #17 of 17

They'll be fine. Other people leave their speaker amps on, they don't disconnect speakers either.

I do this - leave amps on 24x7, with speakers attached.

I also have a UPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back