Is it a worth to upgrade from MPRO to GS1000?
Sep 26, 2007 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lcp12345

100+ Head-Fier
I have a MSPRO and love it very much in orchestra music playback. I am considering GS1000 since the review stated that it has a great soundstage. What do you guy think about GS1000 in orchestra/symphony playback. I will listen to piano music sometime.

One more question, anyone has experience in balanced MSPRO and GS1000? What is the different between balanced and original single end?

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 8
My impressions of the GS1000s were that it was a great set of headphones... if...

... you have just the right setup... you like a highly refined / delicate / distant sound... you like to listen at low volume... you like a very loose fit... you value the look of the beautiful wood housing... you don't mind pressing the drivers closer to your ears to achieve anything approaching the sound of the RS-1s / MSPros (bass impact, rich mids, etc.)... and, you don't mind paying a $1,000 for all of that.

If you like those things... I'd place my order now!

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 8
I had MS PRO and GS1k the same time and sold MS PRO with no regret what so ever. You will love it.
Just read some threads about amping them first.

Cheers
cool.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 8
The GS1000 is an entirely different sound than MS-PRO, or the RS1. So it's not so much an upgrade, as a change to a different sound. That said, I prefer the GS1000 by far over the RS1/MS-PRO's, I'm sure many will disagree, they always do. But then most of those people don't listen to the amount of classical music that I do. If I didn't have a really cool set of PS1's, the GS1000's would be high my list to procure. As it is the Senn hd600's do the classical duty for me.

- augustwest

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My impressions of the GS1000s were that it was a great set of headphones... if...

... you have just the right setup... you like a highly refined / delicate / distant sound... you like to listen at low volume... you like a very loose fit... you value the look of the beautiful wood housing... you don't mind pressing the drivers closer to your ears to achieve anything approaching the sound of the RS-1s / MSPros (bass impact, rich mids, etc.)... and, you don't mind paying a $1,000 for all of that.

If you like those things... I'd place my order now!

+1 on all of that except the loose fit. The fit can be adjusted. Everything else is accurate though. They simply are the best phones in the world if what you want to do is listen to orchestral/classical music at lowish volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back