Is it a good idea to microwave amp tubes?
May 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 28
This is funny, I start watching the video of the tubes sparking while inside the microwave oven and my wife tells me our microwave stopped working. Coincidence? ... I think not!
wink.gif

May 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_love_hina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe it's generally a bad idea to microwave anything that is not food.

couldn't have said it better myself

May 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #19 of 28
And for those who are sighing about the waste of tubes, who said that those tubes are functional anymore? They propably are tubes that are burned out (or otherwise broken) already and not fitting for any amplifier usage.

May 9, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 28
those blokes were really annoying btw

but id say its good to microwave anything!

my favourite that weve done is
a lit match blue tacked in, oooh plasma
and
a dvd, that looks pretty cool

what wasnt so funny was a piece of bread inn for 30 mins, :0

do i need to say this was all at uni haha

May 10, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #21 of 28
Never microwave honey!!!!!!!!....... Also never have a girl friend who then pours said honey on you!!!!!!! Instant man down situation..... You never will trust that person ever ever again.

May 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #22 of 28
^ Sounds like a man talking from experience!
tongue.gif

May 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Sounds like a man talking from experience!
tongue.gif

Indeed.

Please cbk, tell us more.
tongue.gif

May 10, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there another way to say it? I say "toob" - you must mean a pronunciation with emphasis on the "u": "tewub". I don't care, the important thing is that I have tubes...

so it's YouToob? erm...

May 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed.

Please cbk, tell us more.
tongue.gif

It's a rather torrid tale of hope,excitement,joy, cupboard was bare , good idea, bad idea and extreme pain. Followed by a trip to the Dr. and much distrust after that.

Hope - I was a freshman
icon10.gif
she was a senior, she also played vollyeball for the school.

Excitement - I asked her out and she said yes
beerchug.gif

Joy - She came back to my studio {which is code for really big closet} and got naked, and may have tied my hands to my fouton
evil_smiley.gif

Cupboard was bare - I ran out of Whip cream in a bottle & hershey's syrup. Never again will that happen.

Good Idea - I had some honey out on my kitchen table .... Girl @ the health food store to the rescue

Bad Idea - She nuked it in the micro ....... totally un-bueno!!!!

Extreme Pain - I have learned through trial and error that if you microwave honey, its like making home made lava. It should never ever be used on another person unless you are either getting even or divorced. I think i may have passed out because when she applied it on there was this searing sound my skin was making then hyper ventilating and the i cant remember much and next thing you know i have 5 people looking @ me naked saying " that may leave a mark" So after they untied me.

Dr. - She has known me for about 10 years, laughed for about an hour. then gave me an ointment and sage advice. Rubber sheets and pina colada flavored body glide

Distrust - Her "why wont you let me put a blindfold on you"????
Me - "cause you tried to burn my skin off with lava"

Conclusion - Never microwave Honey.
Also never play with candles, and pantyhose is a lot stronger than you think...... I mean way more stronger than it should ever be.

Next time -- How to deal with Girl friends mom's who is way to handsy's for comfort especially when left alone for 2hours 37 minutes on friday while GF is at double bio lab

P:S Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OT: am I the only one who dislikes the way americans say "tube"?

Hope did not mean that in an offensive way....people in different countries may have different pronunciations...is just the way it is.
As for microwaving, I personally like mine in the frying pan....
beyersmile.png

May 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk9811 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a rather torrid tale of hope,excitement,joy, cupboard was bare , good idea, bad idea and extreme pain. Followed by a trip to the Dr. and much distrust after that.

Wow, great story . . . sorry about the pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back