'Is it a good deal?' thread
Jul 3, 2008 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ooztuncer

500+ Head-Fier
This is bothering me a lot. I have many interests, they do change time to time, and I am really tired finding good forums for each 'thing' that I am interested in to check their market values...

What I am suggesting here is kinda opening the pandora's box little bit more. I am sure that people will ask about many different things; like cars, watches, soldering kits, lenses, laptops, phones, cell phone plans, ltd insurance rates, etc! BUT at the same time, i am also sure that we can help each other based on our past experiences or even by sharing the links in your favorites folder to educate each other.

Let's see where it goes and let me start:

I would like to commute to work with a bikecycle (5 miles each way) and am interested in buying a nice bike. I am in no way a good rider (on the contrary, most of the times while riding a bike I am off balance!); but found this bike in my local craigslist: Jamis Nova Commuter, Touring, Cyclocross Bike 51cm - Custom Built

Is it a good deal?

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 5
This one?:

f16d_1.JPG

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 5
I say no to the bike, you do not need to spend that much on a used bike if you are a novice and not really into biking and travel and bike. Get a motorcycle instead, or seriously a scooter.

That way you will not end up at work already sweating...

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 5
There is no magic formula to your question. Buy a bike that you are comfortable riding, and buy it. I used to commute on non-rainy days to my job as a drawbridge tender on my Gary Fischer bike.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 5
i'd start out with something less expensive to start with. you don't know if you're going to stick with it and it's not even a great deal. it's not bad, but not great either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back