Is IPOD classic able to power RE2 easily?
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

praguewatermelon

New Head-Fier
I've been reading reviews and threads about Head-Direct RE2, and it seems to be a very good 'phone, but I am not sure if my IPOD can power it easily. Hope someone here knows the answer
L3000.gif
thanks!

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 10
Re2 is easy to drive, so no amping is required. You can still get away with RE0, but RE1 really need amp to shine.

May 4, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 10
I had a Classic with RE2 and it drove them fine. IMO the Classic does better with warmer phones though. Or the FiiO amp like you might hear recommended.

May 4, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by killz23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why though..Sounds flat..and dry....

We like to call it analytical and clinical sounding - it is how RE2 suppose to sound like (good thing you didn't get an Etymotic). You probably want to search for a warm / musical sounding earphone.

May 5, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 10
Hey, I just received my RE2/Fiio E5 combo today. Speedy 2 day delivery time. I listen with i7/P-51, then 6G iPod/XM5...now to break them in...the RE2 has upper mid peakiness(??)
tongue.gif
...haven't tried the E5 yet.

May 6, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We like to call it analytical and clinical sounding - it is how RE2 suppose to sound like [...] .

While I'm still not getting used to the very analytical sound of the RE2, I don't dislike it. It's very different from my AKGs and Sennheisers. I think that "clearness" is great with guitars.

It's bright, detailed, sparkly, different. I will make sure to give my set a few dozen hours before a final verdict.

It's different, for better and for worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back