Is IE8 really a $400?
Jul 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #76 of 79
the weird thing is that they might be open, but they dont leak, i´ve tested them, put them on a table and put some music trough them, i can hear it but then i put my thumbs on the sound tubes and everything is silent, meaning theres no sound leakage through the body itself,

its puzzling, becuase being open, they should leak some sound, but they dont,

i´ve tried the sennheiser foamies (the hard black ones), the shure silicon E2c transparent tips, the sony hybrid tips, and i do have a bag of comply T400 which i cant find so i cant test, but i have noticed that isolation is nealy imposible, but looking at the HD600 and HD650, i dont think they are ment to be closed and isolated, i truly think that the instrument separation and the soundstage which has been achived using a dynamic driver is near bloody amazing, having had the triple.fi 10, i can say that the IE8 is more fun and warm, the sound is thicker and more natural, the highs on the TF10 were a bit sharper, but the IE8 sounds more like you´re listening to music, and not a earphone reproducing music,

for those in europe/spain, a spanish shop called 4frags is currently selling the IE8 for 192 euros with free shipping in SPAIN, im unsure about their shipping policies towards the rest of europe,

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #77 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to swap ears for this to work basically, so L->R and R->L

I think anyway - can't say I have tried it (they fit too well the normal way) but, thats what I imagine anyway...

Yes that was what I was trying to say, thanks Duncan.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #78 of 79
M 2 cts; I wear them downwards all the time, hate wires across my ears. No need to swap left and right, on the contrary, swapped they hurt my ears, YMMV.
I don't think these are bassheadphones at all, the bass is extended but not overpowering (well-burned in, and I use Sony Hybrid tips that seem to slightly accentuate mids and highs). I listen to a lot of acoustic music through them, sounds wonderfully smooth and balanced to my ears.
I bought them for €229,- and consider that money very well spent; if I lost them I would buy them again right away.
I mostly listen to them with my favorite DAP, the Sony X1060, love the combo. Other sources I tried sound great too.

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #79 of 79
Wow. I heard the exact opposite. Sealing the sound tube revealed that the back wave was coming out through the bass adjustment mechanism. Turn them up loud, block the sound tube, then block the sound tube and the bass adjuster.
Sandy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the weird thing is that they might be open, but they dont leak, i´ve tested them, put them on a table and put some music trough them, i can hear it but then i put my thumbs on the sound tubes and everything is silent, meaning theres no sound leakage through the body itself,

its puzzling, becuase being open, they should leak some sound, but they dont,

i´ve tried the sennheiser foamies (the hard black ones), the shure silicon E2c transparent tips, the sony hybrid tips, and i do have a bag of comply T400 which i cant find so i cant test, but i have noticed that isolation is nealy imposible, but looking at the HD600 and HD650, i dont think they are ment to be closed and isolated, i truly think that the instrument separation and the soundstage which has been achived using a dynamic driver is near bloody amazing, having had the triple.fi 10, i can say that the IE8 is more fun and warm, the sound is thicker and more natural, the highs on the TF10 were a bit sharper, but the IE8 sounds more like you´re listening to music, and not a earphone reproducing music,

for those in europe/spain, a spanish shop called 4frags is currently selling the IE8 for 192 euros with free shipping in SPAIN, im unsure about their shipping policies towards the rest of europe,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back