Is IE6 suitable for Ipod Nano without Amp?
Dec 16, 2009 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

netmask254

Head-Fier
I'm going to buy a Sennheiser CX400/CX550 for my girl friend's Ipod Nano 5th to listen Michael Jackson, but later I found IE6 looks much better as a Christmas gift.

I heard that for some relatively high end earphones the sound can be poor without an amplifier. I don't have and not going to have an amplifier for iPod, and quite interest in whether IE6 can perform well on Ipod nano comparing with other selections (e.g. CX400/CX550). Any body can give me some suggestion on this? Thanks a lot in advance!

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 3
It'll be fine. In fact, pretty much all IEMs are going to perform fine without an amp on a portable source. There are some that scale well when amped, but again you'll be fine without.

Be careful about fakes though! Sennheiser IEMs are faked a lot.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'll be fine. In fact, pretty much all IEMs are going to perform fine without an amp on a portable source. There are some that scale well when amped, but again you'll be fine without.

Be careful about fakes though! Sennheiser IEMs are faked a lot.

Thanks a lot, your words make me feel much safer
dt880smile.png

I agree with you that there are lots of fake Sennheisers with amazing low price. I'm going to buy it from Amazon China, ~185 Dollars, hopefully it's reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back