Is Hifigo.com legitimate?
Oct 30, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #31 of 47
Hi, I’m thinking about ordering from HiFiGo. Can anyone who has imported via DDP (Delivery & Duties Paid) via HiFiGo can confirm that they attach the correct commercial invoice? Say if the item costs $999, they‘d receive an invoice from my country‘s customs office higher than $200.

Unless they fake the invoice and under-declare the value. That would be a huge risk, though, because my country randomly checks the contents and compares prices. If they say it only costs $99 (to save costs on their end), this is illegal and the customs office will contact the receiver. Also, my experience so far (with shipments from UK) was that the local logistics service will collect a handling fee even if sent as DDP. (DHL Express: 46 € btw.)

I‘d rather not take the risk until somebody can confirm that the delivery arrived with a stamp from the customs office and the correct invoice attached.

Dec 5, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #32 of 47
why would that be a huge risk for you?
right now under shipping in EU for my order it says:

Priority ( 1-3weeks, avg.2weeks )- All taxes & duties paidFree
Priority ( 1-3weeks, avg.2weeks,free on $300+ )- All taxes & duties paid$25.00
Express: TNT/DHL/UPS/FEDEX etc (Exclude tax and duty)$32.00

A bit confusing, I don't know either if I have to pay duty in my country when it arrives

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #34 of 47
Hello. How are you with orders from HiFiGo? I placed my order on Jan 6th and still haven't shipped :slight_frown: On their website it is written that the dispatch takes 1-3 days. I contacted them, they say wait, we will send them. Has anyone ordered something recently?

Jan 11, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #35 of 47
Hello. How are you with orders from HiFiGo? I placed my order on Jan 6th and still haven't shipped :slight_frown: On their website it is written that the dispatch takes 1-3 days. I contacted them, they say wait, we will send them. Has anyone ordered something recently?
My order dates to Jan 1st. I got notified that it "arrived at sorting center [Shenzhen]" yesterday. I took the cheapest delivery option, dispatch in 1-2 weeks iirc.

Mar 20, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #37 of 47
Did you guys get your items?

Im wanting to order a gustard x26 but Im afraid of the return process, they only allow 7 days of testing.

I want to use this DAC with logic and music production and I doubt 7 days is enough time for testing.

Thanks.

Mar 20, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #38 of 47
Did you guys get your items?

Im wanting to order a gustard x26 but Im afraid of the return process, they only allow 7 days of testing.

I want to use this DAC with logic and music production and I doubt 7 days is enough time for testing.

Thanks.
You could try asking Hifigo, let them know your testing/time needs for evaluation, and see if they can offer you what you need :)

support@hifigo.com

The good news is that the Shenzhen Covid-19 lockdown is over and Hifigo are back to shipping product:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-amplifiers.682282/post-16866223

Apr 11, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #39 of 47
scary reading all this stuff

Dec 8, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #40 of 47
Unfortunately, I have to report negative experiences with hifigo.
New on the market and in stock and Fiio headphones ordered by express, were not shipped for days because they were not in stock.
Shipped days later, in the meantime they are even offered cheaper ....... but they are still not delivered. Unfortunately everything was done badly by Hifigo ....

So far I have had good experiences with moon Audio and similar dealers :relaxed:
This is exactly the situation I'm having with them right now. Many opaque (or outright dishonest) messages and mysteriously lost tracking numbers across two separate orders. Not sure what's going on, but either it's specifically targeted disinformation or more people are having this experience and just not posting about it. I'll post back when/if I ever find out what happened.

Dec 9, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #41 of 47
Wow, sounds nothing like the treatment I've had from hifigo.com, everybody there has been top notch. But, given it's back to back sales season, and likely higher than normal traffic / shipping, it's likely simple mixups rather than intentional misinformation.

Also Shop.com is used by hifigo.com as an option at purchase time for order tracking, on top of direct emails from hifigo.com.

China shipping is different than here in the United States, all packages are picked up in bulk from businesses and then taken to their destination shippers, and then direct to outgoing customs holding.

Sometimes it takes 1-4 days before we get a tracking number that translates to a shipping service tracking number, interim number is to track the package through its journey to the destination shipping depot, where you may get another interim tracking number - on its was to the US, where we get the "final" tracking number.

With China packages, I've found I need to use our own USPS / UPS / DHL and Fedex inbound info and resources, as well as their Chinese counterparts initially to track down my incoming packages.

Tracking number changes happen at the shipping service, and with overseas shipments from China you will likely get 2 tracking numbers, one from the China carrier and then a 2nd number from USPS / UPS after the package starts its US delivery route, but the "express" level services may get a 3rd tracking number for "last mile" delivery - USPS / UPS or courier services.

DHL / Express is another special case and for DHL Express I find using the Chinese tracking site works first, with much more detail available on the US site after the package releases from China customs to their freight holding.

It takes time to experience all of this to learn all the ins and outs - patience is key, with love and understanding for everyone in the support departments - as well as appreciation of the hard working support people spending long hours every day, day in and day out - trying to make us all as happy as possible.

After 3 years of dozens of orders from a few dollars to hundreds and thousands from hifigo.com - I've never had a lost or damaged package, and all except the first at the beginning of the pandemic have all been on time within a day or two of the advertised delivery.

Please let us know when you've figured out your shop.com and/or package tracking - please check you original emails and Shop.com app tracking options, and also stay in touch with the great support people at hifigo.com :smile_phones:

Happy Holidays! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #42 of 47
Something is wrong with hifigo.com. Ordered something, it started shipping, but before it can leave Shenzhen after clearance was granted, Fedex returned the item back to the shipper. All communications including emails, online form, online chat with them remains unanswered. I have yet to make an international call to them yet. Anybody knows what wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back