Is Hifigo.com legitimate?
Mar 16, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #19 of 47
I don't really know but if you try and checkout you'll see yourself that it will gives you 3 options:

Priority
YunExpress
Express: DHL/UPS/FEDEX/TNT

Priority and YunExpress have all tax and duty paid. Not sure about Express.
I'm looking at them (I'm in UK) and also can't work out how tax and duty is covered. The M3X is $339 converts to approx £254 with cc and duty paid. Only UK retailer I can find for preorder has them at £339. Really feel that too good to be true may apply here, particularly since brexit changed our EU status.

Mar 16, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #20 of 47
I'm looking at them (I'm in UK) and also can't work out how tax and duty is covered. The M3X is $339 converts to approx £254 with cc and duty paid. Only UK retailer I can find for preorder has them at £339. Really feel that too good to be true may apply here, particularly since brexit changed our EU status.
You can ask them directly, they are very friendly and attentive to their customers needs, I've been buying from them for the past year and from the first delivery delayed for weeks due to the pandemic and shutdown in China they kept me abreast of what was going on and kept me entertained by answering my questions. It's been a delight meeting such friendly supportive technical, and sales people.

You can ask directly support@hifigo.com, remember their hours on are off from us outside their time zone, and they are off half Friday, Sat, and half Sunday compared to our time zone being Saturday / Sunday, at least compared to Northern California here in the SF Bay Area.

I started small, a few smaller purchases, then blasted through in quick succession: FiiO M15 + accessories when 2nd release arrived, Topping D90 MQA + Topping A90 followed a month or so later, IEM's, cables, and last most recently an Xduoo TA-20 - rocking out with that right now fed by the D90 MQA - both powered off mains power with a Ravpower RP-PB187 (see this link).

Have fun :)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #21 of 47
sorry to bubble up this thread again...
anyone had problems with paying with prepaid card/paypal? I've tried many times using my card or paypal, but always got the annoying message that my payment was high risk and couldn't be accepted. of course no problem from my side, paypal said it was ok, my bank authorized the transaction after my mobile code confirmation. address and name on card/paypal is exactly the same as in the hifigo order.
anyone in the same situation? how you resolved?

Jun 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #22 of 47
sorry to bubble up this thread again...
anyone had problems with paying with prepaid card/paypal? I've tried many times using my card or paypal, but always got the annoying message that my payment was high risk and couldn't be accepted. of course no problem from my side, paypal said it was ok, my bank authorized the transaction after my mobile code confirmation. address and name on card/paypal is exactly the same as in the hifigo order.
anyone in the same situation? how you resolved?
TL;DR - I've not had this happen with pre-paid cards when I used them, although there were more and more online stores that wouldn't take pre-paid or reloadable debit cards - years ago there weren't any rejections but after a while more places wouldn't take them so I stopped using them.

Edited to fit phaeton70's situation.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #23 of 47
thanks for your reply. unfortunately it seems my case is slightly different... I have tried with paypal (charged on standard debit card) and directly with a prepaid card that I use for online shopping. in both cases my bank approved the transaction, and in fact my cards have been charged with the amount (or better an approval for the amount has been charged on the card). then a little after Hifigo has rejected my payment saying it was high risk and refunded the money.
I have tried basically everything, including changing my ISP. I will try to call the Hifigo customer service before making the payment and see if it can help....

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #24 of 47
thanks for your reply. unfortunately it seems my case is slightly different... I have tried with paypal (charged on standard debit card) and directly with a prepaid card that I use for online shopping. in both cases my bank approved the transaction, and in fact my cards have been charged with the amount (or better an approval for the amount has been charged on the card). then a little after Hifigo has rejected my payment saying it was high risk and refunded the money.
I have tried basically everything, including changing my ISP. I will try to call the Hifigo customer service before making the payment and see if it can help....
I've never called, I email support@hifigo.com.

That sounds like the denials for pre-paid / reloadable cards I used to get years ago, right before I stopped using them.

It might be a good idea to ask what methods are acceptable to Hifigo, or other stores where this happens, so that you can arrange your payments accordingly.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #27 of 47
My story about purchasing from HIFIGO

I ordered the R01 motherboard on 09 July. It was shipped on 26 of July. Today 03 of September and the parcel is still somewhere not in my country.
Hifigo doesn’t want to send me money back until they get the item back but I don’t know if it even arrives or has already been completely lost.

I understand that the biggest failure on the courier delivery side but HIFIGO chooses a company to collaborate with. and the policy that you won't be refunded even after delivery runs out of time (5 weeks) it's just ridiculous.
What if the parcel gets lost?

Worst experience ever. I don’t recommend that delivery and shop. Just wasting time and nerves and maybe money.

UPD: A person from the support service of the shop has contacted me and they are trying to solve the issue with the courier delivery. I'll update my story if the situation changes.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #29 of 47
I was wondering if there has been any changes after 1st of July for shipments to EU. Is it still 100% no tax/duties paid from the customer side?
Thinking of making my first (kind of expensive) order and wouldn't want to regret it after...

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #30 of 47
Yes totally, I have purchased from the, also one time I won a giveaway of SeeAudio Yume, and I am a part of review circle from them in India. In my country the consumer is responsible for all the import taxes and has to pay the custom duty as per norms depending on the value of the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back