Is Headphone Damage from "Ear Rape" Video Possible?
Sep 30, 2019 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

deanderson

Head-Fier
Hi,

I just bought a pair of steelseries arctis pro wireless headphones about a week ago and someone said they were "going to show me a song" and put on an ear rape video that starts with music and then blasts distortion at really high volume. I was so made I broke the dudes iPad (lol) but I'm mainly just worried if it's possible to damage a speaker at this volume. I'm paranoid now so can't tell if I'm hearing distortion in music or hallucinating.

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Given that the amping of the sound is purely done by the amp in the wireless headphone, I highly doubt it is even possible to damage them like that. With an external headphone amp with massively more power than a very sensitive headphone can handle....maybe.

Oct 2, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 3
its not possible for self amped wireless headphones to over power themselves and damage the driver by listening to volume at excess volume levels.

if you did wanna do that, you would have to open the circuit board inside and remove limiter and change some things around (mod) so it bypasses the safty systems to regulate power to the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back