Is Head-fi Dying?
Nov 21, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #61 of 67
Head-Fi is simply bigger and more convoluted. So what happens is you don’t really realize how many threads are on a topic every week. Though I have seen a surge in the technology and popularity of IEMs since 2016? Where there was a dominant headphone theme in 2006 when I started visiting this place, with very little emphasis on the few IEMs available then. Now it is all kinds of stuff from headphones, to amplifiers, to portable equipment and more.

Truly I visited the other headphone forums and they are not the same. Still nice with what they are doing, yet one is overly measuring headphones for my taste. One is simply not as diverse, yet if you like their topics they are at times more in-depth? Then one is more gossip orientated and not also as wide range or as in-depth? So, what can I say, I’m maybe slightly narrow minded and focused here, which in itself can create a bias in favor of the place?

As far as moderators and freedom to talk, it is a nice balance here, with none of those long side streets into other topics that you have with other forums. If you’re into IEMs there has never been a better time in the history of Planet Earth to see them all. Literally everyday a new product is released. There has been the introduction of new media forms and services, yet Head-Fi is still the most respected place to get information.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #62 of 67
Nov 21, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #63 of 67
Holy moly he's gone full Santa
In the past he would grow his beard out and then be a Santa Claus at the mall. Maybe he's doing it again this year now that he has settled back in Bozeman?

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #64 of 67
Now a lot of the younger generation uses discord instead. The pace of the conversations on large discords move really fast and good information is often ignored and questions get lost over meme posts. I watched a social media analytics trends video a couple of days ago and a lot of Gen Z isn't even on forums they focus on facebook, instagram, tik tok with declining viewership on youtube--youtube even almost down over -20% year-over-year compared to 2022 for gen-z engagement.
I'm definitely not Gen Z (nor Millennial or Gen X) and I'm wholly guilty of all of the above, especially Discord.

Soon I shall lack the power to form whole sentences with punctuation, and will pasta anyone else who still does.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #65 of 67
All forums and SM engines will ultimately de-volve into a "Forum Industrial Complex" .
The Founding Fathers, no doubt, began with puritanical fundamentals. But when members get hooked and mods are needed, the Father's orig. "vision" gets blurry.
Washington, Mansilla, Majidimehr.... same effin' story.
Hence, a clean-house revolution is needed. One seems to be happenin' in Argentina at the moment:

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #66 of 67
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #67 of 67
Scary movie 4 introduced the song “I like big butts”, and I haven’t been able stop hearing it in my head since….
Aaargh!!!
Sorry Bro but that song was super popular LONG before Scary Movie 4 LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back