Is HD600 really the best??
Oct 25, 2001 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

discoman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

First post on Head-fi, I feel I have betrayed headWize...
frown.gif

I have read lots of headphone/amp/source reviews compare to or involved with HD600. It seems to me most people using HD600 sound as standard. Even Headroom said "it's simply the best dynamic headphone." A very strong statement indeed.

Beside Grado unique sound, most people seems like Sennheiser more than Beyerdynamic and AKG 501. Is HD600 is a must-have phone?
confused.gif

I somehow have a feeling that Sennheiser is over rated just like Sony...

Please enlighten me

Discoman

Oct 25, 2001 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 31
I think a better question might be; "Is HD600 really the best-for me

I love mine-my kids find them "oily", whatever that means and prefer the ERs. They also prefer my Cosmic to my MG Head.

That's the beauty of this hobby-everyone has different tastes and goals. You can't go wrong with the HD600s-you might just "go righer" with something else.

Matthew

Oct 25, 2001 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 31
yeah exactly. all about taste. the hd600 does have a pretty flat response, but they're not "the best" as there is no best with this kinda stuff.

Oct 25, 2001 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 31
HD600s are a crowd pleaser. Everyone I've met is happy with them but of course they sometimes do think other headphones are better.

Personally, for me HD600s are a great all round pair of headphones. It's pretty evident from these forums and the range of listening tastes that they're very versatile... Get a pair and if you don't like them you can always return them or sell them here...

Oct 25, 2001 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 31
Thanks for the replies.

Hmmm, I think I will get the HD600 after X'mas along w/ a sub $500 tube amp. Hopefully I will not buy that $100 replacement cable later, it is just too expensive for a cable. Oh wait, I remember I said $100 for a headphone is way too much.
redface.gif

It maybe the same case that I got V6; everyone said I won't go wrong with it, and yes, I love my V6, even I found out denon 950 sound better in 5 min at local store. But I still love my V6, first good phone for me, just like first love...
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2001 at 6:12 PM Post #10 of 31
Yeah, what everyone else said
wink.gif

The HD600 are not overrated -- they are an incredible set of headphones. Out of all the cans I've ever heard, the HD600 are my personal favorite (Etys are right up there, too, and I'd like to hear a pair of 501 someday).

BUT everyone hears differently and has different preferences. Some people don't like them or just prefer others. You'll have to be the final judge.

Oct 25, 2001 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 31
Whew, and I was sure this thread was going to start another big fight. I'm rather relieved to be wrong.
cool.gif

But yeah, the 580s/600s are certainly one of the best headphones. Whether you prefer them or not is another story. Personally, I like 'em!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2001 at 7:10 PM Post #12 of 31
discoman,

I have several sets of phones, however, the 600's and the 501's end up on my head most of the time. The Senns were my first "high-end" cans and I still think they are among the very best dynamic headphones available.

Rick

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2001 at 9:03 PM Post #13 of 31
always based upon preference

I liked the 580's but sold them for my Rs-1's. The 580/600 are great because properly amped they are very flat and play virtually everything and anything great.

so it's up to you. I like the Cd3000, rs1, 600's but I mean they are in the class A group, so it's not that any are better, but more to your own liking

Oct 25, 2001 at 9:42 PM Post #14 of 31
Sennheiser HD-600 is a very good headphone, not too expensive either. I suggest you try for yourself. Get them from Headroom, if you don't like them, you can return them with no hassle.

Oct 26, 2001 at 1:51 PM Post #15 of 31
I love to try it, but I can't return it if I don't like it since I live in Canada.
One-way shipping is about $30.

ps. how to remove myself from "Ignore List"? yes, I 'ignored' myself.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back