Is grado really the best?
Jan 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:
The only setback with the sr80i is that the cord is 7 feet long and probably a pain to replace. No big deal tho I kinda found out that higher end headphones tend to have long ass cords. I would be perfect to get sum good rocker cans with a removable cord but that's livin in a dream land

There are connector's to make them detachable and you can do it yourself, and you can connect them to a single side also if you want.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #32 of 46
That might be a serious pain in the ass to do tho and I might risk breaking the grados doing it, BUT! I like the ue6000 only question is and I know it's getting old

Are they good with loud speedmetal. I know how demanding that music type is and it happens to be a common one with me

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:
 However, if you like Grado and not too serious about real high fidelity sound, just get those and be happy - easy enough!

Thanks.  Nice compliment for my Grados.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #36 of 46
Yes, all grado headphone's swivel 360 degree's so the will lay flat on your chest. BTW if you look in the new post's there if a head-fier selling a pair of GRADO SR80i's for 90$U.S. free expedited shipping.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #37 of 46
Grados are great headphones, but you know they're open, right? They leak like crazy and wouldn't be my first choice for a walk around phone, but YMMV.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #40 of 46
I received the Alessandro MS1i (a near cousin to the SR80i) for Christmas and I absolutely love them. I actually received 2 pairs from different sides of the family so I have one still sealed in the box. PM me if you want to talk about buying them from me.

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #41 of 46
Never heard a single Grado, but did hear an AKG K 250: zero bass and massively bright (as someone in this thread complained of Grados), and very nice for metal. Came with the benefit of spot-on imaging, refined while forward soundstaging, and a price of about $20 when they show up on the used market (been a few months since the last one I think...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back