Is Google Increasing its Gmail Storage Space?
Apr 8, 2005 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

saab

500+ Head-Fier
It seems lately that everytime I check my gmail account it tells me that I have more and more available space. It now says I have 2,075 megs available. Is everyone else seeing this?

-John

Apr 9, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #6 of 11
If you go to the login page, it shows a continuously running counter, so it will be slowly increasing indefinately (the jump to 2 gig was immediate).

Apr 9, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 11
With HD prices going down, its not surprising -- and off course a small percentage will actually use that space -- I never got the whole E-Mail wars thing, but hotmail is surly a loser.

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 11
After a few hundred MBs worth of space, it really doesn't matter much to me. I do thank Gmail for taking the initiative to spark off the size increases though, the previous capacities of 2MB and whatnot were ridiculous. Interesting how the increases were so quick and large, I wonder if providers were cheating end-users off, or if they truly had to scramble to increase storage.

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 11
Yeah I noticed too. Though I'll never have that many emails, there is freeware out there that will let you use that space as a virtual drive. Very cool.

Apr 9, 2005 at 11:18 AM Post #10 of 11
GMail drive allows you to use your gmail storage as a flash drive. Quite nice, actually

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Hello

is anybody using email space as a virtual drive for backing up audio files?
I'm considering using multiple gmail accounts and to have each account act as a filing system.The freewares I've found are gdrive, roamdrive and peer2mail. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back