Is Fiio 07K good with HD 598?
Jul 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

marmoro

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm frankly new to head-fi.org but I've been surfing it for quite a while and I had to make this thread hoping I might get an answer 
smile.gif

Currently I have Senneheiser HD 598 and I use it with my PC onboard soundcard (Intel mobo DH77EB) as well as with my 42" Philips HDTV through headphone jack. The overall sound of HD 598 is excellent but I've been wondering if I can make it even much more better with portable amp like Fiio 07K.

I'll make this short, will there be significant improvements if I connect my HD 598 throught Fiio 07K (soundstage/bass boost)?

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Chances are the Fiio E07K will improve audio quality while using the PC.
Connect the E07K to the PC's USB port, this would allow you to use the E07Ks DAC and headphone amplifier.

With the TV you would be hooking up to the E07K to the TV's headphone jack, this would be a pure analog connection, where your just using the E07K's headphone amplifier.

The E07K's headphone amplifier is better designed to drive headphones, then the PC or TV.

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 4
I doubt it would be a big improvement. A stx or magni plus modi will be an improvement though.

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 4
I see. I'm not that familiar with headphone amps or audio amplifiers in general but I just keep hearing that if you own a high-end headphone, you should get a good amp or a sound card like ASUS Xonar so that you get most of out of it.

The thing is, when I use EQ from sound settings on windows to increase bass, it just doesn't feel right. So I thought maybe a headphone amp will solve the problem.

I guess I'll decide another time. Thanks folks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back