Is everyone dumping their SinglePower amps?
Aug 24, 2008 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

IceClass

Headphoneus Supremus
It seems that there's a veritable torrent of SinglePower amplifiers being hoisted for sale of late.

Are all the previous owners dumping their amps in case Mikhail's behaviour tanks the values of their investment?

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 39
Sales of items are cyclic, and Mikhail over the years has sold many of his amps to Head-Fiers. So IMO all you are seeing is a normal thing, besides they are being picked up by others.

I have a heavily modded MPX3 which sounds beautifully and unless I get a bug for something new (maybe by Craig of Eddie Current
wink.gif
) I do not see me selling it.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahvetti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am nor selling anything. Why is there always somebody opening this kind of threads?

Many possibilities!

1. A true wish to know/understand.
2. An axe to grind.
3. Nothing worthy of posting.

popcorn.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sales of items are cyclic, and Mikhail over the years has sold many of his amps to Head-Fiers. So IMO all you are seeing is a normal thing, besides they are being picked up by others.

I have seen cycles but this seems to be a bit of a torrent and the amps don't seem to move the way they once did.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

I am nor selling anything. Why is there always somebody opening this kind of threads?

Oh dear, I seem to have made a couple of SinglePower owners defensive.

Nobody is asking if you in particular are selling.
Please send links to other threads of "this kind" I'd be genuinely interested.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many possibilities!

1. A true wish to know/understand.
2. An axe to grind.
3. Nothing worthy of posting.

popcorn.gif

Many possibilities indeed!
Stick with #1 and thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #8 of 39
I think that the reason it looks like a lot of examples of a particular brand are suddenly for sale is that if a user is looking for that brand, he/she looks at many threads for that brand in the for sale forum. That person often responds to some of them, which has the effect of bumping the threads and making it look like a torrent is for sale. I don't see any unusual sales activity on SP amps. If there really are a bunch of SP amps for sale, here's your chance to pick up a great sounding amp at a great price.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are all the previous owners dumping their amps in case Mikhail's behaviour tanks the values of their investment?

not sure what you are aiming for here.

comments made by those who are not currently selling a singlepower amp, which will be the majority, will be conjecture and speculation - even if seemingly reasonable. and for whose who are actually selling a singlepower amp at the moment, i find it highly unlikely that if the recent events surrounding mikhail were the reason for the sale, they would admit to that.

so if you are merely looking for people to agree with your theory, i think that is possible - but not very constructive. if you are looking for people to come into a thread and lay out the reasons for why they are selling a given item, i don't see that happening - regardless of the situation.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

I am not selling anything. Why is there always somebody opening this kind of threads?

Because there will always people who answer these type of threads.
wink.gif

I think that with the current threads going around about wait times and repairs not being returned in a timely fashion, thst this question is a highly valued one.

But remember, history shows us, that even bad manufacturer press can actually benefit the company, because it puts their company name in more heads then if it were never mentioned.

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #12 of 39
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/3-s...ifieds-242895/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/why...mazing-258369/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/sin...ow-why-243898/

oh and there have been similar threads about why so many headfives, melos and hornets for sale. Have you thought about how many have been sold vs how many you see on the for sale forum? A quick check of the FS forums first four pages did not turn up many singlepower amps. The use of phrase everyone dumping may indicate a lack of understanding of just how many amps Singlepower sells. Do a search in the member and look at how many are out there, this is just the number of people the list their amps in their profile. There are many more that don't. If you do check do it by make of amp not the singlepower name (extreme, ppx3, mpx3, supra...)

cheers
JP

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #13 of 39
I am sure there are SinglePower owners around here who don't dump their amplifier. So the answer is negative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back