Is Etymotic er4p for me?
Apr 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Have had UM2s and own ER4Ps.

Yes, you'll appreciate the high end the ER4P delivers that the UM2s don't.

Yes, the synergy of your other equipment will have an effect and the bass will be the biggest area that could concern you (I personally wouldn't have kept a standard cabled ER4P).

The Apuresound ER4P cable provides you with an upgrade path to address the bass issue (That's how I solved my bass issues - but, be warned, it IS expensive). 'P' to 'S' adapters also provide you with a tinkering option should you decide to get the D2 Boa later.

On the converse side, I understand the UM2 sound can be improved with a personalised set of tips, but I chose instead to just go straight Livewires T1 instead of that option, and I've never looked back on that decision. But I still use the Etys to hear the best top end
wink.gif

Hope that helps.

in fact does the bass quantity and quality should be enough and suitable for pop music,even in classical music(with the original cable),Thanks!

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #17 of 18
Have owned ER4P (3X), S, ER6i and HF5.  Etymotic is a great company with great customer service but compared to newer offerings, unless you are using for mixing monitoring recordings I could never recommend the Etys.  I just find them cold, unemotional and lifeless.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #18 of 18
I use mine with the apuresound cables and my amp and it truly shines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back