Is e5c perfect for classical music and jazz?
May 17, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jolegs
I just got my e5c today and I am happy that I am happy with the e5c(you know what I mean hehe) big sigh of relief..I thought I'd return it but I am keeping it. I wonder how it would sound like with an amp..... should I buy one? will the PA2V2 go well with my ipod+e5c? what are my other options?

Hi jolegs,

Just for your reference, I'm currently using my E5c with a used Supermacro v.1 (see profile) with impedance switch on. It cuts of most of the hiss till you turn the volume past 12 o'clock position.

Best of luck,
Overlunge

May 17, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Hi jolegs,

Just for your reference, I'm currently using my E5c with a used Supermacro v.1 (see profile) with impedance switch on. It cuts of most of the hiss till you turn the volume past 12 o'clock position.

Best of luck,
Overlunge

Woah, I thought turning volume that far on the E5 would blow your ears out before you hear any hiss
smily_headphones1.gif

Makes sense though, you may hear a hiss along side a ringing sound, lol

May 17, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #18 of 18
I have found with my Ipod mini a line out (I use a Sik Ram) helps get rid of the hiss.

As for amps, they do help a fair amount. Be careful what you pick though.

I found the E5 with SR71 to have a very nice midrange, but absolutely no high end.

The PPA sounds nice, but there is a lot of hiss.

A Mint makes a decent budget amp.

My DIY Dynalo sounds pretty good. There is only a tiny bit of hiss. I imagine the Gilmore Lite should do well.

With all amps make sure the gain is set fairly low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back