Is "crosstalk" normal?
Oct 23, 2016 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

adrift02

Head-Fier
Hi all -- I recently resoldered a new jack on my RE-400 and noticed a bit of crosstalk (I think that's what it's called) when doing left/right sound checks. When it's testing the opposite speaker (let's say R), I still very faintly hear it in the L channel (high volume, very quiet). Interestingly, I tested my cans (DT770) with its factory jack and noticed crosstalk there too. I'm sure I wouldn't notice this with music (I can't hear the crosstalk with both speakers on), so is this normal behavior?

Oct 23, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Ok so not normal at all? Weird how my cans do it too (straight from iPhone and with my HA-2). Will try a new source.

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 5
Ok so not normal at all? Weird how my cans do it too (straight from iPhone and with my HA-2). Will try a new source.

Depending upon the amp and the rest of the system, it isn't uncommon. The proximity of the signal in jacks and the circuit board can all contribute to this, even in very good systems. A dual mono system can lessen it but then you can get it again when using something like the 3.5 and especially the 2.5 jack. Crosstalk is pretty much normal in all systems to a greater or lesser degree. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 5

Depending upon the amp and the rest of the system, it isn't uncommon. The proximity of the signal in jacks and the circuit board can all contribute to this, even in very good systems. A dual mono system can lessen it but then you can get it again when using something like the 3.5 and especially the 2.5 jack. Crosstalk is pretty much normal in all systems to a greater or lesser degree. 

Thanks for the response -- that info is helpful! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back