is cowon's SQ bad?
Jul 14, 2007 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

konya

Head-Fier
yes..i read a lot of comment about cowon d2..says that cowon sound is bad..cowons sound is good only with effects(bbe,m3b etc.)...so cowon s flat sound is bad...is it real?????????????...sorry for my english...

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 23
The Cowon sound signature is colder. Lots of folks like warmth and spacious, BUT in a small portable device the resolution is not that great so "warmer and spacious" often translates to "slightly muddy and colored", IMO.

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 23
I have heard Iaudio U3, IMO many many MP3 players that I tried like Sony, Ipod, creative and Iaudio has similar sound signature with a very less noticable difference. Its just that in most of Iaudio series players, the sound can be tweaked alot. Once you are used to tweaked sound .. the flat sound will not sound good to your ears. Thats just my observations.

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally love my A2's sound and I've tried the X5 too and I liked it. It's just you need the patience to actually tweak the sound to your liking.

Yeah. I have an A2 also and it sounds fantastic to me ...

Jul 15, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #8 of 23
Had 2 iaudio's did lot of tweaking with them and finally came to the conclusion that I liked flat most. It's sound more real en pleasant to me.
The D2 was a disaster to me, it's flat sounded real bad to me (it was harsh and like listening through a piece of glass). Now I'll be buying an Ipod video and I wonder how much is true of the "Ipod is generally worse than other players."

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 23
Damn, I am on the edge of buying a second handed z5, but I will skip now!

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #13 of 23
on my u3 the soundquality subtly changes when i change the volume below 18 or above 24.
blink.gif

changing + arranging the sound sig with the eq works fine.
but when swapping headphones (hd25 to ath-ck7) or even when changing the genres of music it becomes a hassle sometimes...

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayrum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on my u3 the soundquality subtly changes when i change the volume below 18 or above 24.
blink.gif

changing + arranging the sound sig with the eq works fine.
but when swapping headphones (hd25 to ath-ck7) or even when changing the genres of music it becomes a hassle sometimes...

I listen at about 30 (out of 40) with my Shure E1, every song at 89dB via MP3Gain. Great soundquality, without equalizer and other effects. I like the upfront and cold soundsignature of the E1 combined with the U3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back