Is Colorfly C3 "stable" vs...
May 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JayNYC

Head-Fier
Hi.  To the experienced users of the Colorfly C3, is operation of the device "stable" as compared to...

1. Sandisk Clip+ with Rockbox (I say 95% stable)
  2. Ipod 5th gen with Rockbox (I say 70% stable)
  3. S:Flo2 (I say 50% stable)

Thanks

Trying to assess if I will be satisfied with the C3, ie: it doesn't really ever freeze, lockup, crash, etc..

--jay

May 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Yes, it's fairly stable, we usually hear about random freezes ever so often which requires a reset, mine has frozen once In 8 months.

The main problems are just bugs present and lack of simple features like resume, auto shut down, sleep etc... The main problem I see is at random C3 selects whether the file / folder names scroll forwards or backwards, it does so at random and has been programed to do so, we don't know why. It's pretty well behaved overall but it's really a basic interface stripped down with bare essentials. There's a slight pop noise in-between tracks (imagine a record needle hitting a spec of dust) doesn't really bother anyone for most parts.

May 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

1. Sandisk Clip+ with Rockbox (I say 95% stable)
  2. Ipod 5th gen with Rockbox (I say 70% stable)

I'd put my 5.5G iPod w/Rockbox right up there with my Rockboxed Clip Zips as far as stability....they work flawlessly for me. I wouldn't even consider a C3, there are too many things I like about the others that the C3 can't deliver.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back