Is buy.com shipping the D2000 for $197?
Jan 22, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it worth placing an order there, or will it be out of stock forever? The only places that have it in stock cost like $100 more. Ouch.

IF they accept your order for < $200 shipped and you are willing to wait indefinitely, then it would be worth it, even if back ordered and shipped at a later date. Of course if not willing to wait and see, pay more anywhere else.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 8
Don't bother placing an order, you will wait for eternity. I myself placed an order at buy for the d2000 in december and after waiting for 4 weeks they still were not in stock.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 8
Yep you will wait for eternity. I placed an order in December and they said there were in shipping. Then they said the order was sent to warehouse - all that time I could not cancel this order. Then they said they were on order and let me cancel - so I did.

Several months ago I tried to buy another headphone advertised at a great price. After several months they emailed that it was unavailable.

Meanwhile I found a D5000 deal that made the D5000 alot more attractive - so I bought that instead.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katysax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep you will wait for eternity. I placed an order in December and they said there were in shipping. Then they said the order was sent to warehouse - all that time I could not cancel this order. Then they said they were on order and let me cancel - so I did.

Several months ago I tried to buy another headphone advertised at a great price. After several months they emailed that it was unavailable.

Meanwhile I found a D5000 deal that made the D5000 alot more attractive - so I bought that instead.

I had the same problem about the headphones supposedly being "in shipping" so when I wanted to cancel my order I couldn't conveniently do it via their website, I had to call them and go through a rather lengthy process with customer support......... yeh, I hate buy.com now

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 8
I make a point of not buying products that are out of stock except for specific exceptions (The recent Shure SCL4 white-only sale was an exception only because I knew stock would be in within 2 weeks).

If I do order a D2000, it's going to be from somewhere that has it in stock and ready to ship. If I'm putting down $200+ dollars on a product, I'm not planning on waiting for it to get to me when I'm ordering it from a company that's supposed to stock it.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #8 of 8
I tried to buy the D2000s from Buy.com this summer and waited two months - nothing happened and I canceled. In retrospect, I am glad I did. I don't think Buy.com is an authorized Denon dealer and thus I wouldn't have had a valid warranty.
rolleyes.gif

I ended up buying my D2000s through HeadRoom and couldn't be happier with the purchase and experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back