Is Benchmark Starquad XLR good for DAC - AMP connection?
Oct 19, 2022 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chaturanga

100+ Head-Fier
Hi to all, I want to buy a 2 * XLR cable for using between my DAC (bal) and AMP (bal).

So is Benchmark Stage Starquad XLR is good for that? Is there any balanced or unbalanced difference between XLR cables? Do I need to consider anything else since my DAC and AMP both supports fully balanced connection.

Here is the cable I want to buy:

Benchmark StarQuad XLR

Oct 19, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 3
It's probably similar to other cables that use Canare StarQuad L-4E6S cable and Neutrik XX series connectors. Blue Jeans Audio offers those, too, and Worlds Best Cable on Amazon does, too, which should give you plenty of reviews and forum discussions to comb through.
I found many people saying that star quad cables are more recommended for very long cable runs or environments with a lot of EMI/RF because while they reject noise better they also have higher capacitance. Should work either way, but not everyone will say they all sound the same.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 3
It's probably similar to other cables that use Canare StarQuad L-4E6S cable and Neutrik XX series connectors. Blue Jeans Audio offers those, too, and Worlds Best Cable on Amazon does, too, which should give you plenty of reviews and forum discussions to comb through.
I found many people saying that star quad cables are more recommended for very long vable runs or environments with a lot of EMI/RF because while they reject noise better they also have higher capacitance. Should work either way, but not everyone will say they all sound the same.

Thanks a lot, I am living in Turkey and Benchmark's cable is on sale here, for the others I need to wait more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back