is audiocubes trustworthy?
Apr 16, 2005 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

heboil

New Head-Fier
I purchased a pair of Sharp MD33S almost three days ago by PayPal. Money made its way out of my account OK. I got a response from PayPal that the transaction was completed. I still haven't had a response from Audicubes. I was not expecting them to have shipped yet per se, but I was at least expecting some type of confirmation. I have even e-mailed them seperately asking for confirmation...but still no reply.

Any like experiences?

Apr 16, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 14
I've never paid Audiocubes with PayPal before, but my other three credit card transactions with them went absolutely flawlessly. With credit card payment I got an order confirmation, an update that my order was being processed, and an update that my order had shipped. My MD33s arrived a week later.

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by heboil
Any like experiences?

They seem to have problems with PayPal orders. You need to email them with the PayPal transaction ID and tell them to process the order and not leave it stuck on pending. You might get an email back as quickly as a few minutes, or it may be 24 hours or so. It might take a couple of emails to get the job done. My own order for a replacement Stax headband was held up for over a week, even though I'd used the various order and payment forms correctly, and emailed them after 2 days.

I believe they're trustworthy, just clumsy with PayPal orders.

Apr 16, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 14
I've bought two ltems in a row (md player and earbuds) from AC, via Paypal, and encountered no problems. The parcels got shipped as swift as if they were made of wind, and I did taste the sound of my devices within five days after the shipping date (I live in France, which makes the word distance a heavyweight in this case). For customer's convenience, the order gets tagged with a specific number which allows for tracking the item upon its arrivals at airports/post offices etc.

Audiocubes, as far as I can tell, is a VERY reliable source when you talk Net Purschasing. I would trust them eyes wide shut.

Stand.

Apr 16, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 14
They are superb, any errors are down to the individuals (including me!). After the paypal receipt, you should click continue order. Chances are you just closed that, in which case they receive your money, but have no knowledge that you ordered anything, so redo the order, and quote the paypal order ID, and say "pay by money order" I think.

Apr 16, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 14
I bought my EX71SLs from them and their service was one of the best I've experienced. I got my package within 3 days which was quite remarkable considering it comes from Japan. I bought it through credit card, so I guess I have no experience with paypal.

Still, highly recommended.

Apr 17, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 14
Going on day 4...
  1. ordered through PayPal
  2. sent an e-mail asking if they got the order on day 2
  3. sent a second e-mail on day 3 asking if they got the order

...no replies at all so far...and my PayPal account is $40 lighter...

Apr 17, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by heboil
Going on day 4...
  1. ordered through PayPal
  2. sent an e-mail asking if they got the order on day 2
  3. sent a second e-mail on day 3 asking if they got the order

...no replies at all so far...and my PayPal account is $40 lighter...

Two of those days were weekend days and there's a six or eight hour time difference, right? I don't know how Audiocubes (or Japan, generally) staffs on weekends. General rule used to be five working days.

Apr 17, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
Two of those days were weekend days and there's a six or eight hour time difference, right? I don't know how Audiocubes (or Japan, generally) staffs on weekends. General rule used to be five working days.

There's over a 20 hours difference in Japan (I think)

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by trbl
They seem to have problems with PayPal orders. You need to email them with the PayPal transaction ID and tell them to process the order and not leave it stuck on pending. You might get an email back as quickly as a few minutes, or it may be 24 hours or so. It might take a couple of emails to get the job done. My own order for a replacement Stax headband was held up for over a week, even though I'd used the various order and payment forms correctly, and emailed them after 2 days.

trbl...it appears you were right on. They finally e-mailed me in response to my questions to them. Something screwed up with the PayPal transaction. I had to re-submit the order and "pay" by money order. I had to reference the PayPal transaction. Since then, it seems things have been flying. I have received a number of e-mails from them giving me status reports along the way. Since the order started official processing, it shipped within 24 hours. I now will wait to see how long until it gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back