Is ATH-CK100 that bad in bass?
Aug 17, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
erm... what??? i heard the CK100 twice, and for both times male vocals never sounded so thin because the total lack of bass; never heard etymotics so won't comment on that, but UM3X? no way. Even SE530 has more bass quantity than CK100.

I was actually the one who felt that the CK100's did its bass slightly better than UM3X. It just felt like it had the combination of bass extension and impact which i don't find in my 3 week old UM3X. UM3X bass is really tame. Maybe the tips don't do it justice but i don't think the CK100s bass are as bad as many make them out to be.

Never cared much for extra bass though. maybe people really like bass more nowadays.

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #18 of 21
I ordered CK100s about a week ago... after some shipping delays, they are now in-country in customs and should be arriving in another few days. If this thread is still around, I'll add my impressions then.

Of course, I HATE bass-heavy cans and speakers, so some head-fiers may need to take my opinions with a grain of salt.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #19 of 21
I was expecting the CK100 to be much more bass light than it was, so it was a surprise to find out I preferred it to the UM3X! I could have easily lived with the CK100 bass if I hadn't had to return them to their original owner
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #20 of 21
So if CK100 has good enough bass(quantity) with detailed mids and extended highs then it is perfect IEMs for Most music genres and I think it's only need right tips like Shure olives. Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was actually the one who felt that the CK100's did its bass slightly better than UM3X. It just felt like it had the combination of bass extension and impact which i don't find in my 3 week old UM3X. UM3X bass is really tame. Maybe the tips don't do it justice but i don't think the CK100s bass are as bad as many make them out to be.

Never cared much for extra bass though. maybe people really like bass more nowadays.

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #21 of 21
CK100 has more than enough bass if you EQ it. With my A728, i have the Clearbass on +2 and its already very sufficient. In compairson to IE8, CK100 bass isnt as deep or as impactful, but it was never designed for that in the beginning.

CK100 soundstage is best out of all the IEMs i own. It is maybe a tad narrower than IE8, but it is indeed much deeper. It has a relatively realistic portrayal of a concert hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back