is apple music a good source?
Jan 18, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #16 of 23
It should. my understanding is the app decides if it can play it first (i.e. checks the DRM). If the answer is yes it moves the file to whatever output specified.

I don't believe it is like HDCP that requires DRM throughout the chain.

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #17 of 23
It should. my understanding is the app decides if it can play it first (i.e. checks the DRM). If the answer is yes it moves the file to whatever output specified.

I don't believe it is like HDCP that requires DRM throughout the chain.

yes, this is what I was trying to say put more eloquently.  

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #18 of 23
Yup, confirmed today, the Beta version Apple Music app plays out the micro USB port on my Nexus 5.  (Perhaps this was obvious, but not to me, I thought it was app specific).   (I'm using Marshmallow stock OS)

Thanks again for the info guys.   Guess it's worth keeping the Apple Music subscription for the time being, catalogue seems decent so far.

May 1, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #19 of 23
  Yup, confirmed today, the Beta version Apple Music app plays out the micro USB port on my Nexus 5.  (Perhaps this was obvious, but not to me, I thought it was app specific).   (I'm using Marshmallow stock OS)

Thanks again for the info guys.   Guess it's worth keeping the Apple Music subscription for the time being, catalogue seems decent so far.

The catalogue is the biggest by far out of the big three - spotify , TIdal and Apple music. Too bad the android app is sitll wonky, hope they update it out of beta soon,

May 1, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #20 of 23
The Android app is so buggy...it can be so frustrating.   And I find their whole playlist/radio thing very confusing.   But the library is great and offline listening works very well.  Can't understand how the app can be so buggy with their budget but anyways...

May 2, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #21 of 23
  The Android app is so buggy...it can be so frustrating.   And I find their whole playlist/radio thing very confusing.   But the library is great and offline listening works very well.  Can't understand how the app can be so buggy with their budget but anyways...

I think they just don't give a crap about the android app.  They have so much contempt for android, haha.  

May 2, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #22 of 23
And iTunes is a hot mess on any platform. They need to perform an enema and start from scratch imho.

Im still unclear why I need a separate app for podcasts, while on the topic of Apples decision making.

May 3, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #23 of 23
And iTunes is a hot mess on any platform. They need to perform an enema and start from scratch imho.

Im still unclear why I need a separate app for podcasts, while on the topic of Apples decision making.

I think it's because they don't want the double speed functionality in a music app but do for podcasts (amongst a few other features).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back