Is anyone else's HD650 overly "creaky"?
Mar 4, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #33 of 49
Hey, I thought I was the only one bothered by the occasional 650 creak--I just figured it was a product of me listening in a video rocker. Anyone have any solid solutions? I might take someone up on the Vaseline thing.

Mar 4, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #34 of 49
Wait and see if it goes away. My sonys did this when I first got them and it went away.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #35 of 49
Devil, it occurs where the plastic of the cup holding forks connects with the metal strip of the headband. Note its V-like joint. At least that's where it is reoccuringly happening on mine.

Mar 4, 2005 at 10:43 AM Post #36 of 49
I advise against streching the headband.
It simply loosens with time. Be confident -- the clamping force looks attentively calibrated.
smily_headphones1.gif

As for creaks, it's not nearly an issue for me. Luckily, my pair won't creak often lately.

No issue with the headband paint here, also. Perhaps it is caused/raised by the attempts of streching the headband ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #38 of 49
I have 595s and they creak--or actually it's more like a click sometimes. I'm pretty certain it's to do with the cable entry; it sounds like there's something loose in there that clicks or creaks whenever the cable is moved. I found it helped to loop the cable near the entry.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #39 of 49
I lubed mine on the headband-frame connection and the pivots. Problem solved.

Mar 4, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #40 of 49
how old is your senn, kink0kin? mine are about 6 months old - little creaky, but the paint is still all there - a thread has been posted on this subject - and its nice and shiny.

Mar 4, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by stratsrule335
how old is your senn, kink0kin? mine are about 6 months old - little creaky, but the paint is still all there - a thread has been posted on this subject - and its nice and shiny.

it is 2 days old
600smile.gif
yup....still a baby....and still burning in...about 34 hours now....and it sounded like crap atm...

Edit: my paint didnt chip off though....and im not looking forward to it....i just recalled reading some posts where ppl claimed that their 6x0's paint was coming off....

May 1, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #43 of 49
Holy ****, this is just ridiculous. I had the K701 for just a little over a week, and it started making a creaking noise in the right cup--I sent it back immediately. I do not see how anyone could cope with anything like that, but more power to you guys I guess. Personally, I'm not going to pay $300 and force myself to deal with that kind of crap. And now that I hear that the HD580 can have the same problem is really disheartening. I had the chance to listen to it not too long ago, and I really didn't find anything different about it from the K701 or HD650.

But I've gone through returning and reselling too many things to deal with any more of this, even if the chances of getting a creaky HD580 are low. Guess it's IEMs for life.

May 1, 2006 at 11:15 AM Post #44 of 49
Feels weird quoting myself from another thead, but what the hey:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind
Mine used to creak when I so much as moved my head/neck. I found it very annoying. I took them off, held one ear pad close to one ear and twisted it on it's axis around the headband (ie twisting from angled forward >backwards >forwards, and heard the EXACT noise that was annoying me. So just check that it isn't the twisting of the earpads on the headband!

When I found it was this, I simply sat down and twisted the pads back and forwards until they were a whole lot looser. This both stopped the creaking noise and also made them adjust easier to my head!

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back