Is any point adding DacMagic/V-Dac on Corda Cantate for HD650?
Jul 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

meta21

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I just have my Meier Audio Corda Cantate DAC/Amp and Sennheiser HD650. The HD650 has already had its 200 hrs burn-in and the Corda Cantate DAC/Amp just has over 100 hrs burn-in too. The music is just incredible!

Now I want more
k701smile.gif
(The music is more addicting than cocaine
ksc75smile.gif
)

My question is: adding a Cambridge Audio DacMagic DAC or Musical Fidelity V-Dac will make the music lots better or not?

I understand there are many very good DACs around, which are much better than Cambridge Audio DacMagic DAC or Musical Fidelity V-Dac. But my limited budget is up to AUS$700. So Cambridge Audio DacMagic DAC or Musical Fidelity V-Dac could be my best option. Or any other suggestion, please?

What I should get: Cambridge Audio DacMagic DAC or Musical Fidelity V-Dac? or...??

Many thanks...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 6
I'd try and pick up a used one and decide for yourself if it's worth it. You can always flip it here for not much loss.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #5 of 6
The DAC in the Cantate is nothing special so you should definitely try to get another DAC if you can, either now or sometime down the road. The PS Audio DL3 is $695 USD, which is $874 in AUD. Try to find one used. It will outperform the DacMagic by quite a bit. But the most important thing is that you enjoy the hobby and that you enjoy your music. If you're system is already doing that for you, maybe you don't need to do an upgrade yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back