Is AKG following BeyerDynamic?
Sep 4, 2003 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hero zero

100+ Head-Fier
There was Beyerdynamic's new super shiny DTX Trend line.....

Now AKG is following suit, it seems...

with.....

image1061201594_K71_K101_K3f40a0983acc8.JPG

...the K71.....
....the K101......
....and the K301XTRA???????

more info at....
http://www.akg.com/akg_structuretree...nguage,EN.html

Sep 4, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 11
Interesting. The K301XTRA (what a frickin' stupid name) looks pretty nice, cool blue with the same K*01-ish look. Probably on the large side, though. Not as cheap looking as those Beyers, certainly.

The other two look very mainstream, though. I'd be curious to see how they sound.

Sep 4, 2003 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
hz,

in your profile, do you have "Show image attachments and code in Posts?" enabled? [/b] [/td] [/tr] [/table]

yeah...it's enabled...i think it was by default too....I managed to get the images alright for the thread I started on Beyerdynamic's new line of headphones...

i didn't make any changes to my profile after that either....the original URL for more info on the new AKG's also wouldn't work...it looked a bit different from the URL which is in the first post now....

Sep 4, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 11
Darn...my bad...I tried to link all the images from their separate product pages....I guess the URL's were invalid....oh well, I guess we'll get stuck with smaller images....

as for the new headphones themselves, they're all open....hopefully they'll be much better than the K44, 55 and 66....

edit: speaking of Beyerdynamic, the headbands on the K71 and 101 vaguely remind me of the one on the DT231...

Sep 4, 2003 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 11
hero zero: The info on the new AKGs was already available online, when the new Beyers turned up. But anyway, to me the K71 and K101 rather look like they were meant to compete with Sennheiser's HD 4x7 models.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Sep 4, 2003 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 11
The real question is, are the new phones from AKG sonically very similar to the Beyer phones? If so, then you can come to that conclusion. They don't quite look similar enough to be considered copies.

Cheers,
Geek

Sep 4, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #10 of 11
Anyone else notice that there is not K401 listed anymore or has this been discontinued for awhile now?

Sep 4, 2003 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
hero zero: The info on the new AKGs was already available online, when the new Beyers turned up. But anyway, to me the K71 and K101 rather look like they were meant to compete with Sennheiser's HD 4x7 models.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

lini: thanks for setting the record straight...hmm....I guess this thread should have different title...oops..

The new AKG's seem to be oriented towards portable use...I don't know how many people would use the Beyer DTX models for portable use...then again, I keep seeing people walking around with Sony MDR-CD380's [yikes]....

I also wonder how much these new headphones would cost....Beyer DT231's cost CAD$150 here....a bit much for one of their lower end headphones imo....

TimSchirmer: what is it that you don't like about Beyer sound? I'm interested to hear this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back