Is a K701 recable worth it?
Mar 28, 2006 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JiggaD369

500+ Head-Fier
WOuld it be worth the $100-$200 you spend to get it recabled? Options like Silver Dragon or Cardas recable. Or is the original cable good enough? What do you guys think?

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 12
Honestly, I'd say that you just need to try it and see for yourself. The debate on the difference that cables make is already heated enough, and with a new can like the k701, very few recabled units are floating around, so you might just have to try it out for yourself if you want a quick answer.

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 12
I'm wondering if Larry at headphile would be able to install a jack from a pair of sennheiser hd580/600/650 making it possible to use one of the many cables available for those headphones on you K701. I probably wouldn't be expensive at all to do. Although the jacks aren't available from the sennheiser webpage they still might be available upone special request or it may even be possible to easily fabricate them since thier construction is very simple. I bet once alot of people have these headphones then the demand could be enough to be profitable.

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 12
I wish I could hehe. I don't have that kind money. Just want to know from the people who has gotten it done. Because I would rather invest that in a new DAC r something. hehe.

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 12
Yes, IMHO (and I bet the person's life below my post) that anybody who has priorities would buy a better amp, a new set of headphones, etc.

Recabling isn't worth THAT much in most cases...

Mar 28, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
I like the stock cable too much to risk it myself.

If it ain't broke..(especially if you ARE broke)

Mar 28, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Recabling isn't worth THAT much in most cases...

Absolutely . . . except that in many cases it is worth THIS much, and that is sufficient to warrant recabling, at least as long as the rest of your system is of THAT CERTAIN quality, and your finances are such that it is worth SUCH an investment.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back